Thirty

I hurriedly went out to where Patrick and Carlos were waiting and found them in a deep conversation

I walked slowly and observed their body language.

They were speaking quietly that only the two of them understood.

They must have felt my presence as I came towards them.

Both guys looked at me with their smiling faces and my heart started beating seeing their gorgeous faces.

"I really wish I am her!" I heard someone sighed dreamily and I shook my head to dismiss this feeling of happiness knowing I am blessed to have these guys as my best friends, to say the least.

"Hey. Glad you had changed into something more beautiful to look at." Patrick teased and I slapped him playfully on his arm.

I can still feel Carlos's gaze on me and I swallowed my urge to question him on why he is still here with us.

"Bye, Flo. See you around." Carlos said and I nodded. He gave Patrick a look before he went out leaving us alone.

"So, up for a snack before we go home?" Patrick asked and I smiled at him.

Damn! I really missed having him around me!

I was quick to have my bag strapped on my shoulder but Patrick was quicker to hold it for me.

Knowing him, I surrendered and gave it to him.

For a masculine guy like him, it's quite cute seeing him holding a ladies's bag.

I giggled as he told me a story when Ysabelle almost cried when he left her on the street because she failed to buy him her chocolate after doing her a favor.

Oh, yeah. Patrick is childish and humorous. But, he is definitely a nice guy.

After a few moments, we arrive at the cozy restaurant nearby and a kind waiter assisted us to a table.

"Prendo un'insalata caprese. And, lei avrà la pasta con pomodoro el basilico. (I'll have caprese salad. And, she'll have pasta con pomodoro el basilico.)" Patrick said to the waiter in a perfect Italian accent while I stared at him in awe.

The waiter nodded and left us at our table.

"Wow, wow, wow! Was that Italian accent I have heard?" I asked in amazement.

Patrick just chuckled and after a while, I joined him.

Pretty soon, we were engaging in another carefree conversation and enjoying our food.

There were also quite a few ladies who recognize him and requested for a couple of photos with him.

Patrick, being such a nice guy, allowed them for two snaps and we ate in peace again.

"Who would have known that my best friend will enter the modeling world?" I joked and his eyes glistened shyly.

"I never thought that I'll be one, too. Until I found myself loving the limelight." Patrick admitted and chewed on his food.

"Are you happy about it?" I asked suddenly.

Patrick swallowed his food before he answered. "Yes. I just love the confidence the runway gave me. I mean, I am still an amateur in this industry. I still have a lot to learn but  the thing is, I am more than willing to learn everything there is to know about modeling and photo shoots." He sighed.

"In that case, I am happy for you!" I exclaimed. "It's fun doing what you love and to love what you do! May I ask what happened to basketball? I mean, you were a varsity player during our college days, which was just a year ago? You were so good with it."

"It will always be my passion. But, I think I am more into this latest hobby. You know, spotlight and all." He shrugged then turned to look at me. "How about you? Modeling or fashion designing?"

I shook my head. "There is certainly no doubt about fashion designing! It's what I am here for. Modeling was a no choice for me back there. We ran out of models to ask. And, it just so happened that I was there and I wanted to help, so the rest is history."

"Don't you like the excitement of walking down the runway?" He asked again, probably convincing me.

"Excitement? More like anxiety! I will never strut my butt out there again!" I said and chewed on again my food.

Patrick laughed. "You were amazing back there! My manager even thought you are a pro!"

"Quit it, Pat. I am not gonna do that again." I said to him.

As soon as we were done, Patrick asked the waiter for our bill and he paid again.

He just wouldn't let me. That's how he is.

We ended the day with a smile on our faces and since, Madame Zenith, gave us a day off tomorrow, I'll tour him around.

Our shop will be officially opened again on Wednesday to welcome new customers and clients who were eager to try on our summer collection.

I just can't wait to finally move forward after that first major event that I had done!

Modeling and fashion designing in one!