Thirty Six

The overnight outing went fine and we all had a blast

The overnight outing went fine and we all had a blast. If back at the shop, all of us are serious and busy, there at the resort, we were our carefree selves. Not caring about deadlines and all. Madame Zenith was also cool with us.

Although, Madame Zenith wasn't demanding at work, she was still her perky self. She danced with us at the bar and drank wine with us like a friend. An older friend with an even greater respect.

She surprised us that after our overnight outing, we also have a day off the next day and asked us to be back by Tuesday instead. According to her, aside from the outing, we also deserve a day off for ourselves. We have worked hard enough for the summer fashion show and assured us that it will not be deducted in our salary.

Our stay at the resort ended and we are now back in our respective homes. It was already past nine in the morning yet I am too tired to move a muscle. We got home yesterday at around two in the afternoon. We just had a quick lunch at the resort before we headed home.

Then, my phone rang and I groaned as I reached for it on top of my dresser. Too exhausted, I swiped it right to take the call not knowing it was a video call from him.

I grunted and put it on my ear.
"Yeah?" I asked and yawned.

"Cute ear." I heard him chuckled and I frowned and gasped when I saw his teasing and gorgeous face. "Open up. I brought food. It's past nine already!"

"Fine!" I exclaimed and hung up. I sat and grabbed the hairbrush to fix my hair before I faced him. I was on my pajamas and I couldn't care less if he sees me like this so I went to the door to welcome him. And true enough, he cooked food for me.

I could smell how delicious the food he made was. And suddenly, I missed home.

"You are a life-saver! I was too tired to make myself some food today." I said and laid out two plates for us and two pairs of utensils. I also made sure I have enough rice to partner it up.

I was even more astonished when I helped him unload the food containers. My mouth watered at the sight.

On it was an array of pork siomai dumplings of about two dozens. He even has made a generous amount of wonton mami for us.

I lost it and hugged him as soon as we laid out the mami on a soup bowl.

"Oh, wow! Didn't know you'll be so happy for the foods!" Carlos grinned and chuckled as he hugged me back.

My eyes were shining as I met his.
He looks ever so handsome in just a striped shirt and shorts. He looked so cozy in his simple clothes.

"Thank you for bringing me home yesterday and for bringing foods from home today." I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I saw his ears turned pink and he blinked in utter surprise for what I did. I was tempted to tease him but I am afraid that it will backfire on me so I changed the topic and I sat down and so did he.

"God! I missed all these foods! Super thank you, Carlos!" I exclaimed and started to eat the wonton mami and he did the same. "By the way, how did you know I love these foods?"

"Just eat. It doesn't matter." He winked and he got himself a siomai and dipped it into the soysauce before bringing it into his mouth.
"This is heaven!"

My forehead creased yet I continued eating. I almost moaned in pleasure when I savored the yumminess of the siomai as it sank into my tastebuds. I also switched to my wonton mami from time to time.

Pretty soon, I burped in satisfaction and I heard a soft chuckle from Carlos beside me. I totally forgot he was here!

I blushed and he laughed even more.
"Wow. You certainly were starving! Tell me, what do you want for lunch later? Any plans for today before you go back to reality tomorrow?" He asked pertaining to the busy work life I had.

I shook my head and leaned my back on the chair. "Planned to spend the whole day here and watch Netflix and probably call my parents back home. For lunch? Another Chinese food, perhaps? Something like shanghai and a siopao for snacks?" I grinned, mirroring his amused expression as he looked at me.

"That sounds so cozy. Any plans to include me?" He teased and I had to laugh at him for trying too hard.

"Fine! I'll just go shower and clean this up then be here by twelve for lunch and netflix afterwards?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes, Ma'am!" Carlos said and he started to stand. I did too and walked him to the door. "Chinese food for lunch and snacks, coming up in a few hours!"

"Wonderful, signore! Gracias!" I answered back with a sly smile and I watched him opened his own door opposite mine.

That was my cue to close mine. I locked them automatically and went to the dining table to clear the dishes.

There were still a dozen of pork siomai left so I had them placed inside the refrigerator so that I can have them fried for dinner later.

I smiled thinking of how blessed I am to have someone like Carlos who really watches out for me.

I know about his feelings for me and he knows that I want to take things slow. I am just glad that he respected that.

For now, I'm just grateful that I have found a best friend in him.

Speaking of best friends, how are Ysabelle and Patrick Star doing? I haven't heard much from them!

All I know was Ysabelle was having a dilemma about her finding out that she was adopted! Oh. My. God.

 God