Forty

I was in awe when I arrived at the hotel where Madame Zenith is supposed to be staying

I was in awe when I arrived at the hotel where Madame Zenith is supposed to be staying. She has indeed booked a very expensive exclusive room!

Today was my first night here in Milan and tomorrow is the start of the convention. Madame Zenith ordered me to take an official business leave for four days as getting around the place may be a little difficult as I was literally new to it.

I agreed and packed my bags for a four days and three nights stay in the hotel and for the convention. It was a relief when I get to arrive at the hotel on my own feet as no one will be around to guide me every now and then. Again, the thought of having nobody but myself to rely on is getting the best of me.

Fortunately, Italians are very approachable and friendly. They helped me find a taxi cab to get to the hotel safely.

Anyway, back to where I am currently in, I began to unload my clothes for the 1st day of the convention that is tomorrow and my pajamas for tonight which I only brought two pairs. I hung them inside the cabinet and placed my mini-luggage inside, as well.

I decided to go down and have dinner at the hotel's restaurant before I go to bed by 10pm tonight. I just wanted to savor and enjoy the perks I received from the company.

The hotel where I am at has a view of Milan. It was too beautiful to look at.

As I went up to their sleek restaurant which is on the 10th floor, I couldn't help but be in more awe of it.

The Arya Restaurant has large windows overlooking such exquisite city panoramas making it so soothing to just look at. It was such a delight having a panoramic view of the city up here.

I ordered scallops with roasted capsicum puree which was so delicious and a wine to match it. I had a silent dinner and returned to my room shortly.

I busied myself with my notebook laptop as I cannot just enjoy myself with this 'instant vacation' I am having so I layout on a new design for the winter collection. Our designs for autum were currently in progress and will be posted soon on our online website.

I didn't bother to stay up long as the first day of the convention starts at eight o' clock tomorrow.

Morning came and I wore my blue v-neck, 3/4 sleeved mini-skirt dress and have it paired with a single button, long lapel blazer. I am expecting a cool atmosphered convention since from the name itself sounded grand. As in. Very grand.

Once I got in the convention hall, I presented my confirmed registration form and signed the attendance. The people assigned there gave me my nametag along with the kit.

I walked inside and searched for a table at the back of the room. I immediately found a seat where a beautiful Asian woman was sitting alone with her eyes closed. I quietly slid in the six seater table and sat on the chair beside her. The woman must have felt my presence as her eyes flew open and met mine.

"Oops! Sorry! Did I wake you up?" I asked and she sat straight and shook her head.

"No. I was just literally tired from the flight I have yesterday." She smiled and she was more beautiful as she did so. She extended her hand for a handshake and introduced herself. "Hi! I'm Sharon Alvarez-Gonzales. And you are?"

I returned her smile and shook hands with her. "I'm Florence Castelo. It's so nice meeting you, Mrs. Gonzales."

To my surprise, Mrs. Gonzales chuckled and said, "Jusko! Sa itsura kong to, natawag akong Misis! Halata na ba talaga etong edad ko? (My God! Despite of my look, I have been called Mrs.! Is my age that obvious for them to call me one?)"

My eyes widened hearing her speak our native language. I grabbed her hands then she stopped chuckling.

"Oh. My. God. Are you a Filipino, too?" I said in astonishment while looking at her. She nodded proudly.

"Obvious ba, girl? Yehey! Finally! Ang hirap mag-Italiano ha! Baliko na dila ko! (Isn't it obvious? Yay! It's hard to speak Italian, huh! My tongue has twisted already!)" She said and sighed in relief. "And call me Sharon. Not Mrs. I am only 32 years old, for Pete's sake!"

"Should I call you Ate Sharon (Big Sister)?" I asked which she shook her head. "Alright. Then, Sharon, it is! It is so super nice to meet a fellow citizen here!" I grinned at her, just in time the host announced the beginning of the convention proper.

The first day of the convention on fashion designing went smoothly and it was a plenary discussion. The keynote speaker discussed about the latest trends in the fashion industry and the current logistics about the leading fashion companies in Europe and Asia. It was quite a lot to digest but I had fun learning.

Apart from that, Sharon and me became inseparable. We actually planned to go out for dinner tonight and went to Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. And, it was so grand!

"Oh my goodness! These shops all look pretty expensive! I think I'm regretting dragging you out here." I complained when we linked arms to stroll along the place. Luxury boutiques were all over the place.

For someone with over millions in their pockets, these might seem so simple. But for me who is thriving and still settling in, I couldn't just spend on luxury just like that.

"Snap out of it, girl. Come on, let's head inside!" Sharon exclaimed and it was her turn to yank my arm and we went inside one of the boutiques.

Suddenly, I wished Sharon wouldn't be this so nice. Every shop we went in to, she always head out with a shopping bag in her hand. And take note, she won't let me refuse her gifts.

Yes. Gifts. She's just too nice. Too kind. And all she ever answered whenever I complained that I wouldn't be able to pay her back as I am just starting at work, her husband spoils her that much so she's not worried at all.

Lucky her. Hope all. Pun intended.

Looks like this us going to be a long night.

💟💟💟

Credits to senyora_athena for letting me introduce her character in my story!

Check out Sharon Alvarez in her Alvarez Empire Series in her Wattpad profile! She has amazing stories!