Fifteen

Shortly after changing into a comfortable pair of blue jeans and cream t-shirt and looking after Valerie, we made sure to lock the door, brought the house keys and informed Aunt Saph where we'll be heading, Carlos led us into his car

His property is a blue peugeout traveller allure that is incredibly posh and is really spacious which fits four to five people inside.

The drive to Monaco took more than three hours. And, it's funny how Valerie and Carlos seemed to get along really well.

I turned my wristwatch to check the time and found out that it's almost eleven o'clock.

I was about to turn to my left to ask Val if she was hungry when I caught Carlos' eyes looking at me. I automatically raised an eyebrow and he just let out a light chuckle before turning his attention back on the road.

"Hey, Signora. You, hungry?" Carlos asked and I heard Val answered.

"Not yet, Carlos. Are you?" Val asked and looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"Still full. Ask your Aunt. Maybe, she is." Carlos said and I had to roll my eyes in his sarcasm.

"Gee, thanks for the concern." I said sarcastically and crossed my arms over my chest.

I looked out the window and thanked myself when I realized that I had my shades on 'coz the sun was blazing hot.

I was not surprised when Carlos pulled over in front of a restaurant and he grinned at us.

"I don't want to starve my babies so come on and let's head inside." Carlos said and winked at me. He lifted his chin to look at Valerie who was seated at the back through the rearview mirror. "Let's go to Eduardo, Signora."

Valerie squealed in response and pushed open the car door. I sighed and followed them.

I was awed when I saw how beautiful the view was as soon as I stepped out.

Polpetta was the name of the restaurant and it was such an exquisite place. It turned out that Carlos and Valerie knew the owner whose name was Eduardo.

The guy with a blonde hair beneath his hat was talking casually with them as if they have always hung out together.

From the outside, they seemed so familiar with each other. But, if I may say, Italian guys are indeed captivating and they were just simply fashionable.

With the summer season in, even in their plain white crew neck tees and khaki shorts, they still are breathtaking to look at.

Especially Carlos.

"Yo, Aunt Flo! Let's go!" Valerie exclaimed and dragged my arm as we entered the said restaurant.

The view inside was amazing and the menu was mouthwatering.

I really am curious how do these people stay fit and healthy. Their foods are just so pleasant to the eyes and so satisfying to my senses.

I ordered risotto while Val ordered bolognese. It was Carlos who ordered lemon chicken and breadsticks for us to share. He got white sauce pasta and Val grinned toothily at Eduardo when he approached our table saying that it's on the house.

I just smiled and thanked him. The two persons in front of me engaged in a conversation while I busied myself with food.

Moments later when I thought we were done stuffing food in our stomachs, one of Eduardo's waiters brought out desserts for us.

A serving of tiramisu and two parfaits were laid on our table.

"Oh, wow! I missed this haven!" Valerie gushed and scooped on her parfait.

I just smiled seeing her happy. I got the teaspoon and sliced a bit of the tiramisu and brought it to my mouth.

I could only moan with pleasure as the chocolate sank into my taste buds.

"You really love chocolate that much, huh." Carlos broke me out of my dreamy state and I had to sat up straight. He let out a chuckle and shook his head. "No need to get shy on me. I am a sucker for chocolates too." He remarked and gestured his chocolate parfait.

I managed a tight smile and casually sliced another.

"Tell you what, once you girls are done, let's go and tour around here." Carlos said and earned one noisy kiss on his cheeks from Valerie. "Aww. You're too sweet, my dear."

"Thanks Carlos! For always making me happy whenever dad isn't around! You're the best uncle!" Valerie said and hugged him.

"Such a sweet kiddo." He said and squeezed her arm lightly.

"Quick. Finish your parfait so we can tour your Aunt around here and be back home before it gets dark. Your dad might scold you if we get home later than seven tonight."

Val nodded and I finished my tiramisu before I drank the water in front of me.

I wiped off the possible traces of chocolate at the corners of my mouth using the table napkin before we stood up.

We said our thank yous and goodbyes to Eduardo and his staff before we left the place.

True to his words, Carlos brought us to the Prince's Palace, Musee Oceanographique de Monaco and Saint Nicholas Cathedral.

Just like what I used to do, I made a silent wish and fervent prayer since it's my first time to be in this Church.

As my working days came nearer, I knew I am in to the greatest adventure of my life.

I will be facing the real world soon. And, I plan to live up to my parents' expectations as a payback for their unending support and sacrifices back when I was still studying.

We went home before seven o'clock and Alonzo invited Carlos over for dinner after spending some time with us earlier which he gladly accepted.

According to him, they barely hung out lately due to errands and jobs he was in.

That got me curious. Isn't he working?

What keeps him busy? Why is he here and spending time with Val?

And, why am I even this curious to a guy I just met a few hours ago?