Forty Two

Third day, otherwise known as last day of the convention came and Anastacia, Sharon and me became closer and would talk about random things

For someone who is more than seven years older than me, Sharon is so fun to be with. Her wisdom on love and life really got me clinging to her as an older sister I never had.

Anastacia, on the other hand, is a straightforward, flamboyant and cheerful lady whose smile radiates the most. There is never a dull moment whenever she's around. The colleagues in our table even found themselves laughing with her jokes and puns during break times.

Before our convention ends, Madame Zenith was indeed right when one of the famous Italian fashion designers, Giovanni Bramante, of Bonjour became our final keynote speaker. He is an agent who is scouting for talented fashion designers who will lend his or her time for their shop's Winter Collection.

We were told to submit the soft copies of our portfolio ahead of time and today, Giovanni will announce the three successful designers who will be with him after the convention to discuss the theme and other details related to the fashion show.

"Buon pomeriggio, signore e signori! (Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!) As you all know, I am looking for skillful designers who will be my apprentices for our Winter Collection before the year ends." Giovanni said and stepped towards the stage facing us. "And, I have received a lot of very unique and creatively done masterpieces as I look into your portfolio one by one."

We all shared excited glances in our table as he spoke. Obviously, we are all thrilled to be included in the shortlisted participants, at least.

"Among thirty longlisted designers, only half made it to shortlist. And, from there, me and the board of five members discussed who will be our top three. Remember, all of you are equally brilliant in your own ways." Giovanni said making us even more nervous. Sharon even held me and Anastacia's hands as we waited for his announcement. "So, without further ado, we present to you the works of these three amazingly gifted young individuals who will be with us right after the seminar! Let us see their masterpieces and be in awe just like me and the Board Members were!"

And, just like that, on the big screen was a video presentation of the top 3 designers.

All of us were stunned by the attention to details of the 1st designer. Her or his works show uniqueness as she or he incorporated subtle contemporary themes on her designs. One spoke of hunger and poverty as she made a dress using recycled materials such as tetra packs and even canned drinks on it to add a shining or glossy effect. And, oh! Is it just me or was that a Zesto can tapered on it?

I blinked and squinted to see a closer look. My eyes aren't kidding me! That design was very Filipino!

As I looked around the audience, I realized it was only me and Sharon who has a Filipino blood and it definitely wasn't my creation. My eyes rested on hers and she was blushing and smiling with glee.

"Oh. My. Go-" I was about to comment when she cut me off and gestured to the big screen.

The presentation was showing the second designer with an even stunning showpiece. Her extravagant works was shown and was modestly shouting for equality with a touch of male and female colors on it. The designer showcased a beautiful array of feminine and masculine colors to better represent her advocacy.

It was now my turn to cast an excited and intriguing glance at Anastasia as she was flushed with equal enthusiasm and pride. I just knew it! These two talented girls will make it big in the fashion industry!

"This is so amazing, you gu- " I was about to babbled on when they both shushed me and covered my mouth to stop me from talking and look again at the big monitor.

And, last, but definitely NOT the least...

There it was. I saw how the slides showed a simple sundress illustrated on the sketchpad which eventually came to life as it suddenly displays my cousin, Freya, posing for a camera with her wearing it.

Another slide earned a collective gasp of admiration when they revealed me being bent on my work desk at home and slept over my sketchpad. A piece of it was captured and showed a simple tube top where I accentuated it with beaded corners.

The video presentation ended and our names were finally flashed on screen.

Anastacia Adamos - Athens, Greece
Sharon Alvarez- Gonzales- Manila, Philippines
Florence Castelo- Florence, Italy

"Oh. Wow. Can I say something now?" I asked in disbelief when they removed their hands over my mouth. Both Anastacia and Sharon nodded in agreement. "We're in! We got it!" I exclaimed and we couldn't help grinning like fools.

"Could the three wonderful ladies stand up? Everyone wants to see you." Giovanni asked with a genuine smile from the stage. The three of us stood up immediately and he spoke, "please meet us at Function Room C right after the convention which will take place after five minutes?" We nodded. "Alright! That's it, everyone! You all were amazing! Never stop pursuing your dreams! Arrivederci e ci vediamo in giro! (Goodbye and see you around!)"

With that said, he waved at the audience and went out of the convention room. The host stepped in the podium and concluded the program. Soon, the three of us were clutching each other's hands in excitement as we approached the door of Function Room C which was at the other side of the hall.

"Go ahead. Knock on the door, Sharon." I urged her but she shook her head.

"You do it." She said and I shook my head too.

"Seriously, guys?" Anastacia rolled her eyes and knocked on the door.

After three knocks, someone opened it and we found Giovanni sitting comfortably on a single-seater couch. He looked up and removed the reading glass that he wore and smiled. "Hello, beautiful ladies."

💟💟💟

Credits to senyora_athena for letting me have Sharon for a cameo role in this story.

Get to know more about Sharon Alvarez in the Alvarez Empire Series in her Wattpad account! She has amazing works too!