Ten

I was stunned to see lush greens overhead and the calming waves of the sea as we got out of the car

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I was stunned to see lush greens overhead and the calming waves of the sea as we got out of the car. Ysabelle's gleeful voice faded in distance as I was too mesmerized to hear anything else.

The sea was inviting and the sun was warm. I let my eyes roamed round the wide grounds of the resort and it was such a beauty to take in.

The tall coconut trees provided shade for resort-goers who wanted to have a place away from the busy city life. Beneath those trees lie a row of brown benches arranged in an orderly fashion.

On its left was the main entrance of Tierra del Paraiso Resort. Just beside it was a mini-souvenir shop where vacationers can buy swimming trunks, rashguards and other swimming apparels.

"Hey. Let's go in and change our clothes so that we can enjoy later on." Patrick interrupted my train of thoughts with a smile on his face.

I nodded still speechless. I was about to get my gym bag from him when he shool his head. I tried to argue but he ran off to the lobby and into the concierge to get our room keys.

I sighed and let it slide. At least, I only have my body bag to carry. I smiled at his thoughtfulness.

Tierra del Paraiso Resort has indeed livened up to its name.

As I entered the wide lobby of the resort, I was in awe as the walls were intricately designed. Its details were carefully picked and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

The imagery of the sun was engraved into its walls facing the entrance and the posh mahogany was waving to the resort-goers as we were being greeted by their amicable employees and staff.

Patrick got our keys and we signed up on their record book before we went to our rooms.

As we head on to the second floor where are rooms were, I couldn't help admiring the smooth details of the place.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Ysa clapped enthusiastically beside me.

Junior Suite Room 222, the door says.

Patrick brought the keycard to the sensor and it immediately opened for us.

I was delighted to see that it was even more beautiful up close.

The suite was wide and spacious. It has a common room otherwise room as den where the huge 16" flat screen television was with surround speakers and a mini- refrigerator and mini-bar inside. At the left side were two doors and one door at the right side of it.

"You girls choose whichever room you want but I'm taking this one." Patrick said and opened the door on the right.

Ysabelle squealed and ran to the room on the left and obviously she had chosen her nest.

Without wasting any second, I grabbed my gym bag which Patrick placed on the couch and went to the vacant room.

I sorted out my toiletries and placed them on the dresser, my toothbrush and toothpaste, other girly stuff in my bathroom and hung whatever goes inside the cabinet.

When I think I'm good to go, I went out the room and saw both Ysa and Pat in good spirits and were chatting about itinerary for today.

"Great! You're here!" Ysa grinned and stood up from the couch. Patrick did the same and I can say they look good together.

"It's almost twelve. Let's check out their food. I'm starving." Patrick said and we started heading out.

"Anyone brought the keycard?" I asked before he even closed the door. Patrick just fished out the keycard at me and I nodded and he closed our room.

Since we are eager to walk around and explore, we used the stairs and asked someone where is there outdoor restaurant. The lady told us where it was and we headed there eagerly.

When we reached the place at the back of the resort, our eyes widened and we started to sniff the fresh air.

"Finally! Away from the city!" Patrick exclaimed and stretched his arms.

I couldn't agree more. I followed them as they went to the buffet area.

Although there were a flock of people, there are still enough tables for everyone.

Once we had our plates full of tasty food, we grabbed a table at the corner where the sea and trees are behind our backs and the sun seemed to hide beneath one of the clouds.

For a summer time and at high noon, the sun appeared to cooperate and not burned our skin as we enjoy our lunch.

We even took our groufie and posted them in our respective social media sites before we continued eating and planning our itinerary.

We agreed to rest after lunch and have our swimming at five o' clock in the afternoon, have our dinner at seven, do bonfire at nine in the evening and try to check their night party at twelve.

We have our schedules full of activities and we also talked to someone for an island hopping tomorrow at eight in the morning and for our banana boat ride at ten before we check out and go home by one in the afternoon.

We proceeded as planned and had a lot of fun. We took turns becoming a photographer of each other as we vowed to have Instagrammable shots to post in our feeds.

Patrick's out-of-town birthday treat for us became one of the many fun memories I will keep forever.

Not until he confessed to me his feelings after we attended the night party where Ysabelle became wasted that we have to bring her to our suite and we had made a serious talk about it before we welcomed another day and before we went home this afternoon.

I expected things will get awkward between Patrick and me the next day but I guess he valued my feelings more and wouldn't want to spoil the fun because he was jollier than ever the next day.

I really hope there won't be as much of a hassle as it was now that there were feelings that were out in the open.

I just wished we could come to terms and he would look at me without thinking as something more than a friend and me thinking of him as a family member.

God! I really hope we'll be back to normal before I leave for Italy in three days!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.