Eighteen

"How are you holding up?" A grin escaped his lips and, for a moment, I was almost speechless

"Uh, I'm holding up great!" I said in forced enthusiasm. "Wh-what are you doing here? I mean, I thought you aren't available today."

Carlos chuckled and I blinked at his response. "I didn't thought you're noting my schedule, back then –"

"I wasn't!" I exclaimed and for a while, I have to clasped my hands over my mouth because people actually turned to look at us.

"Cosi carino. (Such a cutie.)" I heard him mumbled under his breath.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing. It's getting late. You should go to your apartment." Carlos said and began to stand.

I did the same and slid my hands into my coat's pockets before I turned to look at him.

Carlos seemed to be a six-footer guy so I have to elevate my chin to look into his green orbs.

And, underneath the Italy's moonlight, my heart started to beat fast.

I have never been this close to a guy again after Ephraim.

Yeah, Patrick was close to me. But the closest we have become was to hugs and he would automatically pull away after what seemed like five seconds.

"So, shall I walk you to your apartment?" He asked, his eyes glinting with amusement and familiarity.

"No need. But, thank you. It's just a few steps away from here." I said and managed to smile at him.

"Alright, buona notte, mia signora.(Good night, my lady.)" He said and nodded at me. "I'll see you off, before I leave."

I nodded and I gave him a little wave before I turned to face the road that leads to home.

I felt my face warmed up probably because of the unexpected meet up with him.

My stomach suddenly has that butterfly feeling.

Am I really developing a crush to this Italian guy whom I just met just a few days ago?

But, this will be too fast!

He's just being nice, isn't he?

Considering I'm only new in town, he probably has naturally that gentleman trait in him.

***
The next day, I was greeted with the new ceiling and the comfort the mattress and coldness of the aircon in my unit.

Today, I scheduled my market day and food shopping at the mall.

I roamed my eyes to the wall clock on my left side and saw that it's only eight in the morning.

I yawned and stretched my arms before I stood up and fixed my bed.

With my pjs on, I made my way to the kitchen and made myself a quick breakfast.

I decided to do my usual routine before I start my day: a morning fifteen minute yoga.

I promised myself, while I was on the plane ride to Italy, that I will stay fit and be in tune with my inner self and inner peace before I succumbed to the real life.

I vowed to let it be my morning routine before I go to work, if not, daily then at least twice or thrice a week.

Once done, I began to take a bath and put on my comfortable denim shorts and a haltered blouse.

I dried my almost-waist length hair using a blower and had it tied in a messy bun.

I went to the shoe rack just beside the wardrobe cabinet and chose my earth-toned sandals.

I chose the beige sling bag which was hung on the metal stand rack.

I slid in my passport, money, cellphone, room keys and comb before I put on my shades and checked the room.

Sun's out 'coz summer is in.

I grinned when I remembered the itinerary for today.

I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the day in my comfy and cozy apartment.

First stop today is Mercato Centrale. It is approximately one kilometer away from here.

I stepped outside the apartment and was taken aback when I saw who welcomed me on my doorstep.

"Hello, neighbor. Good morning!" Carlos greeted with his usual, perky grin and I just smiled shyly at him.

"Good morning?" I answered, unsure of what to say.

"Where are you headed to today?" He asked.

"I'm off to the Central Market to stock my fridge with foods. How about you?" We walked to the elevator and he pressed L for the Lobby.

"I'm going there, too. Mind going there with me?" He asked and met my gaze.

I didn't realize that I was holding my breath until we heard it opened for us.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I nodded.

"Great! I had the car with me. It will be easier to get there especially with a handful of stuff to carry." He winked and led me to his car.

I drew a deep breath and sat on the passenger seat.

Okay, Flo. Don't be too obvious that you're affected with his charm.

Stay cool!