Thirty Two

After a week of intense preparation, Madame Zenith announced our summer outing and made it compulsory before we get our salary

According to her, we all deserve a break which all of us agreed.

And now, we are off to their resort. Yes, they have their own resort which they named as Onde Blu Resort or Blue Waves Resort.

It was so exquisite and picturesque! Each of their rooms were polished so well and the intricate details of the suites were carefully designed to perfection.

Madame Zenith gave each of us our own rooms and announced to us that we do not have to worry about our stay since it will be for free for our overnight summer escapade.

"Be down in the dining hall after an hour, guys. " Madame Zenith told us at the hallway before we went to our rooms.

What got me speechless was the magnificent design of the suite where I am in.

I almost wanted to ask if this is really the room where I will be staying since it was such an  elegant place to be in but then I heard Miyuki squealed in glee in the room beside mine. It was obvious that she had the same suite as elegant as mine, or probably, more.

I shook my head and entered my room. With my gym bag on my grasp and my small backpack for my essentials, I placed it on the carpeted floor and my jaw dropped as I went further inside.

The bed was huge. It was king size! The bedroom was indeed spacious with a flat-screen television and a view of the blue seas on my left side.

I opened a small door which led me to the bathroom and it was even more amazing as it wasn't so confined.

With a happy face, I dived into the bed and closed my eyes in satisfaction.

Perks of having your boss own resort is indeed a blessing!

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and set it for an alarm after thirty minutes. I badly wanted a nap.

I dozed off immediately after I closed my eyes and woke up to the alarm of my cellphone.

I was glad I have worn my bathing suit inside my short. I am ready anytime my crazy colleagues will trick me to the waters.

I placed my things inside the wardrobe cabinet and only retrieved the clothes which I will be using tonight and hung them inside.

I put my shades on my head as I went to the bathroom to freshen up.
I dabbed on my matte lipstick and returned to my room.

With my flipflops on, I went to the door as soon as I heard knocks from whoever it was.

I was greeted with a cheerful Miyuki, Nappy and Alfredo, all waiting for me to open up.

"Are you ready for a swim?" Miyuki asked excitedly.

"Yes, I am!" I exclaimed in equal enthusiasm.

"Now, girls, before you do so, let's go to where Madame is at. We're starving!" Alfredo commented and put on his pouty face.

Miyuki rolled her eyes and shot back. "We just had our snack on the way here!"

"I'm a man! I have a large appetite! What do you expect?" Alfredo snapped and led the way.

I giggled when Nappy mimicked him and we, four, went to the dining as Nappy and me ignored Alf and Mimi's banters.

We arrived at the dining hall and it was a feast of sumptuous foods that welcomed our overnight stay! From pasta to nachos to tacos to everything mouthwatering was laid on the long table.

Madame Zenith smiled at us and ordered us to sit down and begin to dig in.

I was seated between Nappy and Miyuki while Alfredo sat beside her and Renatta. Across ours are Viola, Charley, Trixie and Rebecca.

While we were busy eating, it was the bubbly Nappy who broke the ice and said, "So, Madame, may I know what water activities do you have here in your resort?"

I nudged him as he was being so demanding and too straightforward at our boss. He ignored me and tried to keep a jolly face.

Madame Zenith raised an eyebrow at him and I gulped suddenly the atmosphere became tensed at the dining hall.

Even the servers and waiters who were casually walking around gasped at Nappy's loud voice.

I know he's being Madame's favorite lately and she had been pointing out his works but I think he was just taking it negatively.

"Well, we have here jetski, banana boat, surfing, parasailing and scuba diving. Did those things interest you?" Madame Zenith answered and bit on her taco gracefully and wiped the corner of her mouth with a table napkin.

"Scuba diving is fine. I might try that later with my friends, Flor and Alf -" Nappy said and was cut off by Alfredo and Miyuki.

"– Hey! I wanna join you, guys too!" Miyuki protested as she sipped on her lemonade.

"– I want to try the jetski so exclude me out of the scuba diving, dude." Alfredo shook his head and chewed on his food.

While they were pointing out the activities they wanted to try, the girls on the other side were discussing about their preferences.

Obviously, the team is not as united as before. I was thinking of a way to unite our team again.

Whatever happened to family?