Twenty Seven

Time flew by fast

Time flew by fast.

Today is the day before our summer launch.

And also, the final rehearsal with 'fellow models' I have met just yesterday.

I am with Fiona Felicio, one of the models whom I have gotten close with and who was patient enough to encourage me and deal with my insecurities before the walk tomorrow.

For now, we were briefed by our stage director, Teresa Olimpio, about the order of the events tomorrow.

She discussed who will come in first in line before me and thankfully, I will be the last to strut on my heels tomorrow being the co-fashion designer of the event.

Here we are at the back stage of the venue near our store.

Our final rehearsal, and I can still hear at the back how Bianca Torribio instructed the models on what-nots.

"Pull your shoulders back and down! There!" Bianca hollered as one by one the five models excluding me came out from the backstage and into the runway.

When it was my turn, she began coaching us and I maintained my stance and for my turn to amble down the runway.

"Keep a smooth and natural pace! Go, Florence!" She exclaimed and I took a deep breath before I made my way to the front of the catwalk and made a simple pose with my right  hand on my waist.

As I turned around, the male models came out too.

"Keep your heads up, guys! Come on,  where is your confidence!" She yelled and the male models gave their fiercest and savage looks.

Once done, we were given a thirty minute break and I have to go to where my team was after I wore my robe.

We still have a final dry run this afternoon with my partner.

Yup. The guy model came from a different country so I have no idea who he is.

I will just know his identity later on.

And yes, we were already on our swimsuit. To train ourselves and test the durability of the swimwears and also to check which ones need some fixing.

"Here. Take this." Alberto offered me a bottle of mineral water which I gladly accepted. He even pulled a chair for me to sit on to while they were busy arranging racks of swimsuit and a variety of summer hats. "Don't you dare move. You need some rest."

"Aw.. So sweet!" Miyuki cooed earning us some teasing from our team and I even caught Madame Zenith smiled at us while she talked to the venue organizer and some potential clients.

"What a weak girl. Can't she even move?" I heard someone, particularly Viola, mumbled as she pulled out a pair of hats to match the swimwears for the models.

"Don't mind her. She's just jealous of you." Miyuki hissed at me and I slapped her arm playfully.

"Quit it, Mimi." I chuckled and stretched my arms as I roamed my eyes around the busy flock of people pacing back and forth to arrange the place.

"Alright guys. Since it's almost lunch time, we'll have our final walk later. You may change to your clothes and we'll meet at one thirty here later. The main man will come by this afternoon from the Philippines and he'll be paired with Florence. " Bianca gave us her instructions after she gathered us up to talk.

I nodded and ignored the envious stares of some female and male models.

The heck!

I'm just doing my job! Why would I be concerned about them?

Just because I have gotten my confidence and the courage to be proud of my body and physique doesn't mean they can put me down and point out all my flaws as a beginner!

I still have a long way to go and this is only temporary, for Pete's sake!

I sighed and changed into my denim shorts and comfy blouse.

l will be having lunch with my team and even help them for a while.

We spent forty-five minutes outside with Madame Zenith and I must say, all of them are supportive of me, well, except for some people.

It was so touching and overwhelming.

After having our lunch, we immediately returned to the venue and planned to extend it to an hour today since tomorrow is the big day.

I changed again to the swim wear and pulled up my long hair in a ponytail.

I was fixing it with a scrunchie when I heard the excited giggles from outside.

Looks like the male model from the Philippines has arrived.

"Buon pomeriggio, signore e signori. (Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.)" The guy said and I almost rolled my eyes as I imagined Patrick's voice in my head mimicking my Italian accent the last time we had a video call with Ysabelle.

I pasted on my smile as I went outside the dressing room and my jaw dropped open seeing who the male model was.

"Oh, there you are, Florence!" Bianca exclaimed and pulled me towards their group. "Perfect! Meet Patrick Jeffries, the youngest model from the Philippines!"

My eyes widened as I heard him chuckled and met my eyes.

"Hello, Florence. I've been dying to meet you." He grinned and I couldn't help it but to throw my arms at him.

"Oh. My. God. Patrick Star!" I exclaimed in glee.

 Patrick Star!" I exclaimed in glee