Twelve

It was a long and tough plane ride to Italy but was a fun trip though because of the plane's complimentary food

We also have a two hour of layover in Taiwan where we get to transfer via connecting flights.

After the layover, I still have to endure more than five hours of sitting on the plane. And, after all those seating and sleeping, finally, we have landed in Florence Airport in Peretola.

Aunt Saph was there waiting for me at the Arrival Gate with her son, who was my cousin, Alonzo, and his daughter, Valerie, who is now around ten years old.

I hugged her immediately and Alonzo pecked on my cheek and his daughter did the same to me after.

"Wow! Who knew you could grow up to a fine, young lady?" Alonzo teased and I chuckled. He grabbed my pushcart where my two luggages are and Valerie started to get comfy with me.

"Aunt Flo! You are so pretty! How will get a shiny long hair like that?" Valerie gushed and linked her left arm with mine.

"Oh, thank you, little lady!" I cooed and winked at her. "You raised your daughter so well, cuz! She knows how to appreciate a beauty when she sees one!" I joked and both Alonzo and Aunt Saph laughed as we headed out to their car.

Their car is a sleek Fiat500L MPW brand with such a posh interior.

Alonzo opened his compartment and placed my luggages while me and Valerie sat with ease at the backseat and Aunt Saph sat at the passenger seat.

"So, now that you're finally here in Italy, what are your plans aside from working? " Aunt Saph asked from the front seat.

"Hmm.. I want to go to the famous tourist spots here. My work will start in two weeks according to the contract which I have signed up." I said and stared outside the window.

"That does sounds like a plan. I would love to tour you around here but I have a scheduled client meeting this week, hon." Aunt Saph said apologetically.

"No problem, Mom. I'll take care of Flo." Alonzo winked at me thru the rearview mirror as he drove passed cars and buildings.

"Can I tag along too, Dad?" Valerie asked beside me.

"Let's see if you have been a very good girl, lately." Alonzo said in a stern voice.

"I'm always a good girl, Dad!" Valerie said indignantly and crossed her tiny arms over her chest.

I smiled at them and heard Aunt Saph chuckled.

I let them have their chats as I started to admire the new, unfamiliar roads and streets we have passed.

Suddenly, our car started to enter the narrow streets and I heard Alonzo said from his seat.

"Welcome to our humble abode. Your new home away from home." Alonzo grinned and started slowing the car before turning right to a high-storey house.

Alonzo stopped the car and opened our doors from his side.

My jaw dropped open when Aunt Saph added with a smile.

"Welcome to Cinque Tierre, dear Florence!" Aunt Saph exclaimed and got out of the car.

Valerie got out of the car immediately while I gaped as my feet stepped onto their intricately marbled flooring.

For a two-storey house, their house is pretty spacious and so cozy.

"Wow." That was the only word I was able to utter as I looked astonishingly at the interiors of the house in front of me.

Alonzo chuckled and pulled out my luggages from the compartment into their house.

"Don't start gushing. Mom is a sucker for home renovations once she knows you're as amazed as you are now." Alonzo interjected and I returned to my composure.

"Oh, don't listen to Alonzo. Such a killjoy." Aunt Saph answered back and gave me a smile. "I know that look! Believe me, I never thought I can fix this house like this."

"Are you kidding me, Aunt Saph! Your house is lovely and amazing! I never thought I could actually live in a real and legitimate Italian house which I have only seen in movies!" I suddenly found the words I wanted to say.

Aunt Saph guided me to their comfy L-shaped coffee-colored sofa and Valerie placed a lemonade and about ten slices of pizza on the coffee table at the center.

"Thank you, dear Val." Aunt Saph said and turned to me as she picked up a slice from the plate.

Alonzo joined us as he brought three more lemonades as we indulge ourselves with food and chitchats.

"This tastes so good, Auntie. What do you call this in Italian?" I asked and chewed on the softness of the bread.

"Oh, that's Pizza al Taglio or Pizza by Slice. I bought it from one of our local restaurants here and had it heated in the microwave awhile ago." Aunt Saph answered and had a sip of her lemonade.

"Wow. Sounds very Italian!" I giggled and have another slice.

"I'm sleepy, dad. I'll go take a nap, Aunt Flo." Valerie said after she finished eating two slices and emptying her glass.

"Alright, sweetie." Alonzo nodded and rested his feet on the stool that matches their sofa. "That has been her routine every weekend." He said to me and I nodded in acknowledgment.

Honestly, I feel worn out too. From all the travelling and transfering from one plane to another. I'm just glad that I finally arrived here.

I started to yawn and I didn't notice that they have been looking at me.

"Oh, forgive my manners! You must have gotten jet-lagged from the plane ride. I had our guest room transformed to your room. I hope it goes to your liking!" Aunt Saph exclaimed. "Come, I'll lead you to your room." She stood up and started to walk.

I smiled sheepishly and nodded. I stood up too and followed her.

"I'll see you later, cuz. I'm pretty beat." I said before going after Aunt Saph.

"Sleep well, Florence." Alonzo smiled and nodded.

" Alonzo smiled and nodded