Twenty Nine

The big day came

The big day came.

Right.

The CDM's Summer Collection Fashion Show.

And yes, no need to ask.

My knees feel like jelly. My nervousness was starting to show.

I took a couple of deep breaths and calmed myself down.

In less than thirty minutes, me and Patrick will be there in front posing and showing off the summer collection.

I was confident. Was.

But, then again, this is my first time and it's giving me the jitters!

I felt Patrick's hand on mine and I looked up at him.

I was sitting on a stool and he was sitting beside me.

"Relax, Flo. You can do it. I got you. We got you." Patrick smiled at me.

Heaving a deep breath and I nodded trying to smile back.

After a few minutes, the silence reigned over the venue.

Lights were turned off and spotlights started to focus on the runway.

Cold beads of sweat trickled on my nape and I felt Patrick's hand on top of it.

I know I shouldn't be bothered because he's just being his usual caring self but his presence was becoming too much.

It's just probably my anxiety speaking.

Bianca approached us at the backstage and we began to line up.

The host of the show started talking and I drew a deep breath.

From where I stand at the back, I watched how one by one, the female models sauntered to the runway, each with confidence and pride written on their faces.

For the first part of the show, we are on our summer casual wear.

We have our pastel-colored sundresses on and partnered with nude-colored sandals and other footwear.

When it was my turn, I did all that I could remember from Bianca's coaching for the past few days.

I put on my poker-faced and made eye contact with the audience before I returned backstage.

Once we are done, it was the males turn and we immediately changed into the second collection of one-piece swimsuits and shades.

Again, the same line-up began strutting down with me and Patrick as the final models.

Come our last showdown, we changed immediately to two-piece swimsuits and its matching cover-up.

And, this time, we are to walk down by partner.

I smiled at Patrick and he grinned back.

We have our last stunt before this fashion show ends.

As soon as all pairs of model walked down the runway, Patrick immediately took my hand and we both ambled our way through it.

I can feel my face burning both in excitement and relief.

Finally, the show is over!

The host announced the owner and creators of the summer collection and Madame Zenith unexpectedly pulled me with her and I was surprised with it.

Beside her is Alfredo with a matching smile in his face.

Still surprised, we bowed down to the audience and was still starstruck when I realized who were watching us earlier.

There were famous models in the industry and even fashion designers who I have so much respect on!

Who would have thought that America's Top Models, Nicole Fox and Ann Ward, were here!

I always watched them during my rest days back home!

"The idea for this summer collection was mainly coming from my dearest  colleagues, Florence, our Junior Fashion Designer and Alfredo, our Fashion Writer. They put on an additional element into our usual trend and innovated it into something radiant and bright." Madame Zenith gave us a proud smile and I could see how happy she was. "It's a pleasure to work with equally talented designers like them. Thank you all for coming!"

With that said, she gave her bright smile at the audience.

What shocked me was when I saw Carlos coming up the stage and was holding two bouquet of flowers.

One for her mom and for me.

Madame Zenith hugged her son and he kissed her on the cheek before they took a final bow and went backstage.

Speechless and in awe, we gave the audience a smile too before we followed her backstage.

I was stunned for a moment until Patrick welcomed me with a blazer on.

I saw that he immediately changed into his simple blue jeans and a polo shirt.

"Congrats, Flo! I knew you can do it!" Patrick grinned, his eyes shining with pride and happiness for me.

I hugged him despite the bouquet I am carrying.

"Thank you for being here, Pat. This means the world to me." I said and he squeezed back.

"Ehem." I heard Carlos behind us.

I gulped and pulled back from the embrace.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. "Uh, Patrick, this is Carlos. My friend. Carlos, this is Patrick, my best friend."

The two guys gave each other a nod and both of them looked at me and said in unison, "Go and change first, Flo."

I blinked.

I didn't realized I am still on my two-piece!

God! This is embarrassing!

I nodded and quickly get to the dressing room to change into my comfortable casual clothes.

What am I even doing back there?