Four

"What are you doing here? We just saw each other earlier! And you bought food? You're a lifesaver!" I babbled on and locked the door behind us

I led him to the dining room and helped him unload the food. As soon as we got the food out of the paper bags, I was about to get us plates when he stopped me.

"That will be too much. We'll have to wash those plates later on. I brought us paper plates as well as plastic spoons and forks." Patrick shook his head and smiled snidely at me while he pulled out the said utensils.

I laughed at him and sighed. "What is this? Are we in a party? What's with all these plates and stuff?" I asked in surprise.

"I was so bored at home. Both my parents are out for their anniversary dinner while my brother is on a camp-out with his friends. Your dude's got no social life so I thought of bringing the party to you." Patrick said and pouted.

"You looked like a kid. Stop pouting." I chuckled. "Come on, let's eat! Looking at these foods made my mouth water even more. You really are a life-saver! Me got no food, too. Both parentals are at work."

"Aww... Poor little babies." Patrick cooed and patted my hair and I shrugged him off.

"Dig in before I get your share." I warned him and it was his turn to chuckle.

Soon, we were savoring our serving of chicken barbecue, spicy chicken wings and a platter of mojos. Patrick was thoughtful enough to buy desserts: Chocolate Fudge and Brownies.

If there are things me and Patrick have in common are our love for sweets and chocolates. It's like our inner sweet tooth automatically activates at the sight of seeing anything chocolatey and moist.

"Oh my goodness! These are heaven!" I gushed and bit on the chewy brownie in my hand.

Patrick, too, was at loss for words. He was silent as he ate his brownie. The only sound that you can hear from him was his satisfied sighs as he savoured on the chocolatey goodness.

"Man! This is sinfully good! Next time, tell me to buy us two more of these!" Patrick shook his head and licked on his thumb after he was finished with the brownie.

"Euw! Do you really have to be that gross?" I remarked and rolled my eyes. I stood up after I watched him drank his water and started clearing our trash.

As soon as I have gathered them up. I went to the sink and opened our garbage bin under the sink to get rid of the leftover crumbs and all before throwing all the paper plates and sporks.

I started to wash my hands under the faucet and dried them up using the hand towel at the handle of the refrigerator.

I was about to turn around to head to the couch when I came face to face with Patrick.

His thoughtful eyes met mine and casually, he smiled and passed by my right to wash his hands at the sink.

I was so stunned that I almost felt like I was holding my breath for a moment there.