Chapter 29

Percy's POV

I and Annabeth were official now and when we told the others, of course, they made no reaction.

'OH MY GOD!' Piper screamed.
'I KNEW IT!' Frank yelled.
'I CALLED IT, I TOLD YOU!' Jason laughed.
'I CALLED IT.' Piper corrected.
'PERCABETH FOR LIFE!' Hazel squealed.
'THIS IS SO EXCITING!' Callie and Leo both said in glee.
'IT FINALLY HAPPENED!' Will and Nico said in unison

Yup, no reaction at all.

'Guys,' I shook my head 'you've all been dating for ages - why is it so exciting that I and Beth are dating?'
'Because we called it right from that day when we were all having a sleepover and Annabeth said "You drool when you sleep."!' Piper explained happily.

I rolled my eyes and my arm snaked around Annabeth's waist.

'Whatever.'
'Well,' Annabeth said. 'no one is to know about this.'
'Why?' the others asked.
'Piper...' Annabeth said. 'Explain it to them.'

Piper explained how Luke threatened us, and that if we were to date, he would make us regret it. So if we dated in secret, without Luke knowing - we were free.

'This is exciting.' Piper squealed. 'To celebrate - a night-stay at my house!'
I started to protest and Annabeth simply stared at Piper like she was Festus trying to eat machine oil.
'Yes yes yes!' Nico laughed and Will nodded.
'Majority wins!' said Frank.

I grumbled but finally agreed. We all parted after the bell rang, Nico and I had a class together.

'Have you thought about your Christmas present for Annabeth?' he asked me.
'Not really.' I frowned. 'Presents are a tough business to deal with.'
'You're right.' Nico said. 'I shouldn't have given you that album.'
'Why?' I asked.
'Then you could save it for Christmas instead. Why don't you get her a book?' he asked me.
'Hmm...' I thought and suddenly my mouth curved into a smile. 'I've got an idea.'
'What is it?'
'You'll see on Christmas.' I said mysteriously.

--

'School's over!' Annabeth sighed. 'Finally!'

As we walked over the snowy road, she exchanged jokes about the Math teacher, Miss Lee. There was light snowfall - which wasn't predicted, so we hadn't brought caps or anything of the sort. However, it was cold that morning so we were already wearing coats. The snow settled on Annabeth's honey-blonde hair and the clouds reflected in her eyes.
Beautiful.

Annabeth's POV

As Percy and I walked in the snow, we hadn't got any caps with us, so it was slightly cold. I wasn't one of those girls who asked for cuddles when it was cold, but I stepped closer to Percy. Finally, we reached Piper's. I grabbed a cream coloured cap and Percy found his red cap which had gone "missing".

We agreed on cocoa at Flurry's.

As we walked down to Flurry's I found myself coming closer and closer to him as we talked.
This totally out-of-my-league guy is now my boyfriend, part of me thought, wow.

I never expected Percy and I to ever date. And here I was. I always considered him totally out of my league because he was so good-looking, honest, down to earth - and brave. I had myself been a coward and ran away from my friends when Luke threatened me.
That was to protect them.

We reached Flurry's in no time at all. The snow stopped crunching under our feet and we entered the warm café. There was a little fire at the corner of the room and someone took our order at the counter.

The café, as always, was warm-spirited and cozy. With Christmas nearing there was a large wreath made out of Laurel and Holly at the front of the room. Some bells were put up and the Christmas tree.

The Christmas tree was beautiful. It was large and thriving. It's branches stretched out up to four feet and decorations adorned it's forest-green leaves. Unlike lot's of places, this was a real tree - not a plastic fake one.

Percy pulled me over to the empty table nearest to the fire place. His hand was placed on the table.

Just hold it. I told myself. But he beat me to it. This time, there was less tingling - because his touch was so normal now.

'It's nice outside.' Percy smiled. The snow was falling gently down on to the Earth.
'Yeah.' I smiled back. 'So tell me...' I ventured.
'Yeah?' he questioned.
'What do you want for Christmas?'
Percy laughed. 'Isn't that supposed to be a surprise?'
'Well,' I said. 'I suck at gifts - and I want to make sure you love a gift. What if I get something that you hate?'
'I won't ever hate anything you give me, Wise Girl.' Percy smiled and kissed my forehead. 

Nothing really eventful. Sorry. I swear I'll make better Chapters REALLYYYYYYY soon. I love you guys so much we've crossed 500 reads!!

- D