Chapter 26

Annabeth's POV

Why was I even after Percy? It's not like I could even be with him. But Estelle's words still rang in my ear, Forget him! 

She was right. How long would I let Luke Castellan to control my life? I accepted Percy's invite and tried to act casual. 

When I started ignoring all my friends, the only one I didn't ignore was Piper - she had grown to be like my sister.

Piper and I were cleaning the mess where we all hung out.

'So,' Piper said while throwing pillows on the sofa and straightening them. 'What were you and Percy talking about?'

Tears stung at my eyes. Percy tried avoiding me after that. What if he was repulsed by me? That he thought I was a stalker or something. And I went ahead and accused him of writing to me, but it wasn't him.

'Nothing.' I replied.
The scuffling of pillows stopped. Piper sighed. 'Do you want to talk?'
'Piper.' I sighed. 'I think I'm gonna be sick. Not the throwing up sick - the sad sick.'
'You can't let some asshole like Luke get you depressed.' Piper chided.

I sighed.

'Mom's death when I was three... Dad's remarriage - then Luke's abusive habits...' I sighed. 'And now I can't get that one great bit of happiness in my life.'
'Without a break in the wood, there is no sun to enter.' Piper advised.
'But have you got that feeling? Like... you just can't anymore? The universe is playing with you?'

Piper made no response.

'Why can't I get that one thing I want?'
She faced me, I couldn't meet her eyes.
'Annie,' she looked at me. 'You have friends - and for heavens sake your crush at least talks to you - that's rare.' she smiled. 'And he likes you too.'

I couldn't think of anything but Percy's offer.

'Pipes...' I sighed. 'I... forget it.'

Piper could obviously tell something was troubling me, but she respected my decision not to tell her.

Percy's POV (The next day)

I had it all carefully planned in my head, but I immediately called Leo to confirm if it was a good plan. I put Leo on speaker so that I could save my ears from direct contact of my phone. Leo is very loud.

'Hey?' Leo picked up questioningly.
'Leo! There's tea!' I hissed.

Leo squealed. Really squealed.

'What is itttt?' he laughed.
I rolled my eyes. 'Annabeth found out that I sent the letter-'
'Wait what-?'
'-So I asked her out to explain it to her.'
'Smooth.'
'Like Butter.' Estelle laughed (Yup, I did it again.)

I rolled my eyes.

'Estelle were you eavesdropping?'
'I'm not an Eave.' Estelle scoffed. 'You're just talking unnecessarily loudly.'
'Touché.' I muttered.
'Anyhow,' Estelle smiled. 'She has a huge cr-'
'Snitches get Stitches!' Leo blurted.
'OK OK!'
'On whom?' I asked.
'Forget it.' Estelle smirked.
'No who?' I pestered, following Estelle downstairs to the kitchen. Leo laughed.
'Nobody.' Estelle chuckled. She opened a can of soda and took a sip.
I gave her seal eyes.
'James has given me enough puppy eyes,' Estelle rolled her eyes. 'I'm immune to seal eyes. And puppy eyes.'
'Oh right, James.' I wiggled my eyebrows and Estelle blushed.
'Anyhow...um...I'm gonna go.' Estelle said. 'James and a friend will be coming over for my birthday.'

I couldn't believe that Estelle, my little sister - was officially a teenager.

'That girl grew up over a few months.' Leo said.
'Hey! She's my sister.'
'You're my bro so she's mine as well, duh. LOGIC.' Leo scoffed.
'Whatever - so I asked Annie out...'
'And...?'
'She accepted it.'
'Okayyy...?'
'And I wanna tell her I like her.'
'You're all set-' Leo started but was cut of by an angry voice which belonged to Jo 'LEO VALDEZ COME DOWN THIS INSTANT!'
'Uh...'
'Shit, I think Jo discovered the hole in her tire that I accidently made... don't trust me with fire... Aight, bye!'
'Bye, Leo.' I laughed and while shaking my head I hung up.
'PERCABETH!' Estelle shouted from the kitchen.
'WHATEVER!' I yelled back, smiling to myself.

EEEEEEEEE!! I'm so excitedddddddd PERCY ASKED ANNIE OUT!
I'm excited about my own story EEEEEEEE!

- D