Chapter 3

Percy's POV

'Hey guys!' Annabeth said, walking in quickly. She took a seat next to me, we both had become good friends.
'Hi Chase.' I greeted her with a ruffle of her messy hair.
'Stop it!' she complained.
I ignored her, 'So this week, my place?'
'Yeah, last week it was Will's,' Nico said, 'and the week before that was at my place, we haven't been to Percy's once!'
'Alright,' Jason said, 'it's settled. Percy's - Friday, eight? Nine?'
'Eight!'
'Done.'

The bell rang at that moment. 

'Alright, I'll see you in class.'
'Bye Percy - and Piper, and all of you!' Annabeth said excitedly. What was exciting her so much?

She caught me while I was going to my next class.

'Percy!' she hissed, she was wearing a smile.
'Hey Beth.' I said, not noticing the nick-name I was using.
Annabeth turned a bit red, if that was even possible, 'Listen,'
'What?' I looked anxiously at the door, 'My class will be starting soon, get to the cut.'
'I-I...'
I held my breath.
'I don't know how to say this but...'
'What is it?' I tried not to expect much.

She fished out a piece of paper from her pocket, it was folded carefully in a tiny square. She seemed to smile brighter and her cheeks seemed to redden even more.

'Read it.' she whispered, 'Out loud.'
I opened the paper and started to read, 'Miss Annabeth Chase. We are pleased to inform you that you have been given a scholarship to the Oxford University.' I looked at her, 'Scholarship? That's great!' I read ahead, 'You've got two years time and then you'll be going! And you got a Scholarship!'
'I know!' she laughed, 'That's why I have been so happy, see? I can't wait to start!'

She kissed me on the cheek and ran off. I stood there touching my cheek like an idiot.

'Mister Jackson.' Miss Bhavna said, 'Stop thinking about Miss Chase and get in class! You'll have a lot of time to flirt later.'
'Sorry Miss.'
'She enjoys chocolates.' she whispered to me with a wink. I could see why she was everyone's favourite teacher.

After school, I got Tyson ready.

'Percy!' my mom called, 'I'm going out for the night! Paul is taking me to a hotel or something - I don't want to cut anything with your new friends, so just stay safe!'
'Alright mom!'
'So who's coming?' Estelle asked me, 'Which girl?'
'What do you mean?'
'You're removing all your comic books Perce- you aren't ashamed of your collection... unless...'
'Estelle... ' I looked around, 'Don't make me tell Mom about James.'
Estelle turned pink, 'Fine - I won't snitch, but don't expect me to not tease.'
'Ha ha.' I said, 'Listen, can you play with Tyson a bit? I have to buy some... chocolates for everyone.'
'Go to Flurry's- they have the most amazing chocolates, esspecially the coffee ones.'
'Thanks Stella.' I said, using her nickname.

I quickly changed and took some cash.

'Don't go anywhere or else I'm telling on you Estelle Blofis!'
'Fine! Fine!'

I went to Flurry's, like Estelle told me. I had passed it several times while going to school and I waited for the day I would get to try their dark chocolate cake, it looked delicous.

'One box of coffee chocolates, please!' I said, 'Actually, make it two boxes, I don't know how much Leo will have when he likes it.'
'Comin' right up!' a familiar voice said.
'Wait...' I could only hope not, 'Luke?'
'Percy? Hey!' Luke had blonde hair and a scar across his face, which was because of me. He used to be good, great, my best friend. But slowly and steadily, he became toxic. I was more than happy to leave him when we had to move. He was grinning widely, 'Er... do you go to-' 
'Um... I'm in a hurry, do it quick.' I said

Luke's expression turned cold. He said nothing but gave me a box of chocolates.

'Hey- you go to Goode?' he said.
'None of your business.'
'Well, you're wearing the school shoes.' he said, 'Can you tell a girl named Annabeth that... I sort of miss her? And I'm sorry I cut things off with her?'
'No.' I said, 'Um... I'm with her.' I lied, 'And don't you dare go near her!'
'Overprotective.'
'Give me the chocolates and get it over with.'