Chapter 20

(A/N: YAY! 20 chapters!)

Annabeth's POV

Since I had to spite Luke, I barely replied to his messages. It would be a matter of a week before he breaks up with me. I was almost sure of it. Then the coast would be clear, and I could finally confess to Percy. That is if I have the guts. Which I don't. Luke called me.

'Hello Annabae?' the voice came.

'Oh come on, Luke! Can't you do anything right? Just look at the mess you made in my room last night! There are papers everywhere!'

He hung up. I found a text from him after a few minutes.

Sorry dude - stop complaining!- L

:( I'm complaining?!- A

You are unbelievable. Its a disgrace having you as my boyfriend.- A

You know what - if you hate me that much, maybe we should stay apart.- L

Jackpot.

Fine by me!- A

That was surprisingly quick. I walked down to Flurry's and found Percy eating cake over there.

'He left me!' I beamed, 'A record! Only seven hours!'

'You're glad?'

'Yeah - duh!' I laughed, 'How's the cake? I want some.'

'It's awesome - and there's only one spoon.' said Percy. 'You okay with sharing it - the spoon, I mean.'

'Sure.'

He took a large chunk of cake and fed me from the spoon. I heard a girl say, "What a perfect couple!". It gave me some happiness.

'Yum.' I moaned, 'Delicious - this is the best thing I ever tasted.'

'Yep.' Percy said, 'After my Mom's cooking, of course.'

'Hey - there's a meet at Piper's after a while - there should be a group call in a few minutes.'

'Oh and what about the project?' Percy asked me, 'Miss Bhavna already gave us detention today, remember?'

'Oh, yeah,'

Our phones rang at the same time.

'Told you.' I said, picking up my phone.

'Hi guys!' said Percy, 'Let me guess, Piper's?'

'How did you know!' Piper squealed at the end of the phone, 'Oh wait - Annabeth must have told you. I told her earlier. Yes, it's at mine, tonight - are you guys up for staying?'

'No, it's fine,' I said.

'We've been having a lot of stay-overs.' Callie noted.

'Yep.' Leo tinkered with a few objects.

We discussed for a while but finally agreed on a late night party at Piper's - starting at six forty. Percy and me started taking a few samples from the table next to us. I just had to bend to the side and scrape it a bit with a swabs.

Me and Percy started taking down notes. This was the most boring project ever.

Percy's POV

Since Annabeth and I had to finish some part of the project before the party, we spent the entire afternoon together trying to do as much as we could. We laughed, we talked. We had a nice time, overall. Annabeth's phone pinged.

She took out her phone to check the text. Her face went white but she rolled her eyes. She took a nervous glance in my direction and replied to whoever texted her. She refused to say who was it, even if I pestered her a lot.

In a while the day pretty much got over

'I'm gonna go - gotta change for the "party".' she said.

'Same here then.' I murmured. 'See ya there?'

'Yep.' replied Annabeth. 'Bye, Seaweed Brain.'

'See ya, Wise Girl.'

I quickly got changed and combed my hair. Then I cycled my way to Piper's. Annabeth was putting up a few plates. She saw me and bounded up to me. Festus the bunny was walking around; I was afraid we'd step on him. I took him in my arms and allowed him to nibble my sweater.

'Hello Festus!' we all enjoyed his company - he was adorable. Leo came that moment.

'Jo said: "I am not taking care of this monstrous creature - he dropped a can of machine oil and was about to consume some if I wasn't in the workshop!".' explained Leo, 'So, I got him over.'

'Well that's fine.' Piper said, 'I do enjoy playing with him!'

I put Festus down.

'I'd never be able to bring Mrs. O'Leary anywhere - she's much to large.'

Piper laughed lightly.

Jason and Hazel came on their horses, Tempest and Arion. Piper, for reasons I cannot fathom, had stables just outside. Hazel's horse, Arion, was faster than any horse I'd ever seen. Jason's horse was lightly galloping and left tempest shaped hoofprints everywhere he went. His mane was spiky and looked like bolts of lightning. They were both gorgeous horses.

Jason and Hazel dissapeared down to the stables.

Frank came by his bicycle. Apperently he didn't like horses. So he chose to come by bicycle.

Jason entered and Piper gave him a small peck hello. We had no plans of playing any games other than perhaps a few games of Charades and Chess, but with teams instead.

Callie came a little later and immediately scopped up Festus.

Piper, Annabeth and Jason complained and said I should have brought Mrs. O' Leary. All the pets were having a party of their own along with us.

'She'd eat Festus.' I muttered with a chuckle, 'Or probably sit on him.'

We laughed. The game of chess started. My team won. I was on Annabeth's team. It was a funny thing. A chess game at a party. But chess was a game we all loved, especially when someone loses their queen.

Two games of chess, some dinner. The party was coming to an end.

I then remembered what I wanted to say to Annabeth on the day of Tyson's death. I pondered. Should I tell her this? Should I tell her how I felt about her?

Yes.

'Annabeth?' I murmured at her, as she was in the kitchen. She was making a drink for herself.

'What? Want a drink?' she asked me, as she opened the cupboard and took out another glass.

'I- I...'

'You what?'

'I...'

'Spill it out, Seaweed Brain.'

'I... I was wondering....why you haven't gone back to your house yet.'

Stupid cowardly me.

'Jeniffer.' she muttered, 'Anything - else - you wanna say?'

'I... no.' I said.

I thought and thought.

'Yes.' I admitted. 'I wanted to say that - you're amazing and I... like... I like that.'

She didn't get the hint.