Chapter 31

(You guyssss we're getting so many more reads!)

Percy's POV

On the same day, Annabeth and I thought of going out - just for something small, nothing big. We agreed on going Christmas shopping.

Annabeth grabbed her red coat and her white cap, Christmas-themed. With every minute - people's mood would be more and more festive and it was honestly amusing. Annabeth grabbed some money.

'I'm paying.' I said.
'No,' Annabeth countered. 'You always pay.'
'I don't!' I scowled. ''Kay maybe I do.'

Annabeth raised her eyebrows and gave me an I-told-you look. I rolled my eyes and brought her closer to me as we walked out of Piper's house. She didn't make her usual drama of gaping as I held Annabeth's hand. I guess she was used to it now.

We walked across many different shops and didn't stop to buy things that much; we mainly were going out for fun and to just be with each other. Annabeth stopped once for some Christmas tree ornaments that Piper wanted to buy and I stopped once for some gift wrapping paper. I was afraid I'd forget to get some. Annabeth would love my gift. It wasn't anything that special looking - but it had meaning to it and only she'd understand what meaning.

It was snowing and the air was cold and loud as people yelled at each other and exchanged excited words with one another. Chicago was excited for Christmas, alright.

I held Annabeth's hand tighter and asked, 'You wanted to know what I wanted for a gift right?'
'Yeah.' was her response.
'Well,' I said. 'If you would bake a blue pie with me it would be nice. That would be a great gift.'
'You don't want a book, a-a game or anything?'
'I'm fine as long as you're with me.' I smiled.
'Alright- I-I'll do that.' she smiled. 'You're the best.'
'Yeah,' I smiled. 'I know that.'

She laughed. It sounded like Christmas bells ringing. I smiled and squeezed her hand.

We walked further and were about to pass a dark alley. Then we saw Luke with Nancy, both of them arguing. I inched closer.

'Percy,' Annabeth warned.
I put a finger to my lips.
'Look,' Luke's voice rang out in the alley. 'I know-'
'You cheated on me!' Nancy cried out.
'I didn't - I mean... I kinda did but-'
'But nothing!' Nancy sobbed. 'I want my money back.'
'I-I can't do that I need it for the rev-'
'I don't care how much I hate Jackson and Chase - but I definitely hate you more than them - Give me my money back.'

There was a rustle of paper and Nancy ran out the alley without noticing us, in her hand was a big wad of money. Her tear-streaked face stood out so much in the festive mood (in a bad way) I almost felt bad for her.

'Let's leave.' Annabeth said and gently pulled me away.

Annabeth's POV

'Rev-what?' Percy asked me.
'Huh?'
'Luke said he needed money for "the rev-" but then got cut off by Nancy.'
I shrugged. I was kind of disturbed by the entire thing.

I and Percy walked into Flurry's, which had become like the place to go for on dates. I think Percy enjoyed the cocoa a lot and I did too, I couldn't lie. Their cocoa tasted like Christmas, and their chocolate milkshake in the summer was literally melted ice cream. It was awesome. Percy and I took our drinks and sat by the fireplace.

'Annabeth,' Percy shook me a bit.
'Yeah?'
'Can we talk about something serious, right now?'
'Um...' that was a weird question. 'What about?'
'Us,'

My heart may have started beating at a thousand miles per hour. Did Percy want to break up? Why? Was it because of me? Or was it because of something else?

'Um...' I bit my lip. 'OK.'
He nodded. 'So... you're going to go to College soon, right? You've got admission - and it is overseas.'
'Yeah,' I nodded and urged him to go on.
'So... how will we take things from there?'
I gulped. I actually hadn't thought about that.
'You can be honest. We're dating - you can be honest.' Percy urged.
'I hadn't thought about it. I actually forgot I was going to be at college - probably really far away from you.
'Hmm...' Percy frowned. 'So we're going to be long-distance or something?'
'Uh... I guess,' I said. I really hoped long-Distance relationships didn't end up in a breakup.
'Hmm...' Percy thought aloud.
'What are you thinking?'
'Nothing.'

We forgot about that fairly quickly and went back to shopping. Finally, we came back with two full paper bags each.

'Ah! The ornaments!' Piper came and gave a small clap. 'Thanks, Annie!'
'Don't worry about it.' I smiled.

Percy, I, and Piper all started decorating the tree. Honestly, it was fun. I never decorated a Christmas tree after I was three because that was when my mom, Athena Chase, died. Apparently, I got good grades because of her (she was smart) and I looked almost exactly identical to her. I and Mom used to decorate the Christmas tree a month in advance. I know, right? Anyway, I and my father continued the tradition until Jeniffer stole him away from me. Jeniffer never let me decorate "her" Christmas tree or even get near it. I swear if that lady had to choose over her Christmas tree and me...she'd choose the Christmas tree.
It had been so long since I decorated a Christmas tree that I kept on dropping the ornaments and fumbled. Piper helped me with that.

'Hello!' Jason entered, along with Caleo (We recently gave Leo and Callie a ship name) and Frazel (and a ship name for Frank and Hazel as well).
'Who left the door open?' Piper asked Percy and me.
Percy and I pointed at each other. Piper rolled her eyes.
'Make sure to close it next time.'
'O-okay.' I stammered.

Percy and I finished the tree off while Piper said she had to take a bath.

'Hey,' Percy nudged me. 'I'm going to practice for the Olympics tomorrow - do you wanna come?'
'Yeah, sure.' I shrugged. 'No problemo.'
'Please don't use the word "problemo" again; it really doesn't suit you.' Percy shuddered. I laughed in response.

I suppose you're also wondering. "Rev-what"?
Oh don't worry. You'll find out Rev-what soon enough.
*insert maniacal laughter*

-D