Chapter 8

Percy's POV

I came to Annabeth's house to hang out, Leo, Frank, Hazel, Nico, Jason and the rest were sitting around in a circle.

'...And then he realised forgot his pencil box,' Annabeth said dryly as her head was rested in her hands and she read a book. This earned a roar of laughter from the others.
'A dry continuation to the story but okay...' Leo said, still laughing
'What are we playing?' I asked, putting down my bag and from there taking out a box of blue cookies and cakes.
'Story-time,' Leo said, 'A person starts a story with one or two sentences max, in turns we turn to continue it- one or two sentences maximum. It's kind of lame but fun at the same time.'
'Well, my turn?'
'Yeah sure...!' Leo explains the story and how far we reached
'He eats a box of blue cookies and stops studying.'
'You are a blue cookie crazy person.' Will said.
'Blue's awesome!' I retorted
'Nerd.' Annabeth said looking up at me, I was sitting next to her.
'I thought I was a seaweed brain?' I laughed. 
'You are,' she said.

I realised our fingers were inches apart. Slowly, they crept together until they touched. It sent shivers down me.

'Anyone wanna go for a snack?' I asked, 'I've got money.'
'Is it really safe?' Piper asked, 'They reason we agreed on staying at Annabeth's for the night was because the flood hasn't gone yet. We only made it because we live in the neighbourhood.'
'Yeah,' Annabeth said, squeezing my hand a bit, 'we'll go tomorrow though.'
'Truth and Dare?' Leo asked
'NO.' all of us said at once.
'Monopoly?'
'There are at least-' Callie counted all of us, including herself, 'Hazel, Frank, Jason, Percy, Me, Piper, You, Annabeth, Nico and Will. That's ten people and you're thinking about playing Monopoly?'
'Heheh.' Leo kissed the top of her head, 'You're right, let's just hang then?'
'Sound good...' I said.

The doorbell rang.

'I'll get it,' Annabeth said.

We waited for a while. Annabeth hadn't shown up, it had been five minutes, and she hadn't shown up.

'I'm gonna check on Annie,' I said.

I went downstairs and I saw Annabeth kicking something. No, someone. 

'Annabeth! Who the-' Anger surged in me, 'LUKE!' I joined Annabeth in punching him.
'I just-!' he cried out desperately, 'Came to say sorry!'
'Sorry?' Annabeth cried out, 'You- you...!'
'Percy, Annabeth- HEY!' Frank called out in a mature, adultish voice that made us stop fighting, 'NO... we're better than this dumb poop.' He looked at Luke, 'Get out, you're not welcome here,'
'I'm sorry,' Luke said
'Some things can't ever be forgiven,' Annabeth cut in.
'Fine,' he said, 'But you'll regret this!' he raised his hand at Annabeth.
'STOP!' I yelled at his, punching him in the nose, 'You dare raise a hand on her again?! GET- OUT!'

Luke ran off like the coward that he was.

'Are you okay, Annie?' Frank asked
'Yes,' she replied
'I'll give you two some space,' Frank said smiling like he knew something we didn't.
'What did he tell you?' I asked the moment he was gone.
'Nothing.' she replied

I pestered her but she refused to tell me what Luke said that angered her so much. We walked back in the room.

'Who was it?' Piper asked, evidently, Frank hadn't shared the details.
'A nobody.' Annabeth said.

She sat away from me, usually I'd always be next to her. I sat at the remaining spot.

Annabeth's POV

'You didn't! You won't!' I said loudly.

I threw Luke to the floor, punching him and slapping him. Then Percy entered.

Annabeth! Who the-' he seethed 'LUKE!' he joined me in punching him
'I just-!' Luke cried out desperately, 'Came to say sorry!'
'Sorry?' I cried out, 'You- you...!'
'Percy, Annabeth- HEY!' Frank called out in a big brother voice, we stopped fighting. 'NO... we're better than this dumb poop.' He looked at Luke, 'Get out, you're not welcome here,'
'I'm sorry,' Luke said
'Some things can't ever be forgiven,' I said
'Fine,' Luke yelled, 'But you'll regret this!' he raised his hand at me. I simply stood, I wouldn't cower.
'STOP!' Percy screamed at this punching him in the nose, 'You dare raise a hand on her again?! GET- OUT!'

Luke ran off like the coward that he was.

'Are you okay, Annie?' Frank asked
'Yes,' I replied. Though I wasn't
'I'll give you two some space,' Frank said smiling.
'What did he tell you?' Percy asked the moment he was gone.
'Nothing.' I replied, but Luke had said something, and I would not let it out.

Percy annoyed me but I refused to share anything. We walked back in the room.

'Who was it?' Piper asked, Frank must not have told her.
'A nobody.' Annabeth said.

I sat away from Percy. The emptiness that had reduced everytime I was next to him, hugging him or being with him crept back worse than before. I had to do this. He seemed dissapointed, nevertheless, sat at the remaining spot left.

'Charades?' Piper asked.
'Dude- how the hell- could I- me the party man, forget about Charades?'
'Sound's good,' I said.

The other's shrugged and nodded their assent. 

'I'll be one of the captain, and... Any volunteers for the other captain?' Piper asked.
'Me!' Jason said.
Piper grinned, 'You're going down.'
'I'll choose... Leo,' Jason said.
'Annabeth,' Piper said
'Hazel.' Jason chose.
'Percy,' Piper grinned and looked at me.
'Frank,' Jason looked at Frank this time.
'Callie,' 
'Will,'
'Nico,'
'So my team,' Jason said, 'Leo, me, Frazel and Will,'
'Stop it!' Hazel said.
'And mine,' Piper said, 'Percabeth, Nico, Callie and me,'
'You are very annoying,' I said, 'So Jasper are the team captains, right?'

Jason and Pipes blushed but said nothing.

'Who's starting?' Piper asked.
'You go,'
'OK... Percy.'

Percy got up and protested over something. Then he imitated a person reading.

'Book!' I cried out
he shook his head
'Writing?'
Nope. He looked at me and described wavy hair. Then he imitated punching.
'Wait, there is no connection between a book or whatever and violence... It has to have connect-' Icut short and smiled, 'ME! ANNABETH!'
he pointed at her and laughed out loud.

The rest of the game went without any problems. It was fun. Callie had to walk like a dog to describe a dog, Leo went through some trouble to describe fire. Frank had gotten the word "Hazel".

I was sitting with Percy, but this time, his absence of fingers were apparent.

So... hope you liked the chapter. I have to say it wasn't VERY eventful, but let's take it slow. Oh, and do you have ANY ideas about what Luke said to Annabeth? ;)

See you in the next chapter.