Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. Little ADHD me got excited over a dream. Not remembering what it was about, I went to watch some TV. It was five, I slept for an hour. I got a blanket and got myself comfortable on the large sofa. I put on the channel. I was barely focused on it though. I was scrolling through my news feed and seeing some old texts.

'Hey Beautiful.' a voice called. I jumped.
'Godamn it Percy, you scared my life out of me,'
'Sorry,' he jumped on the sofa next to me, 'Couldn't sleep?'
'ADHD.' I said.
'Same here.' 

His nightclothes was a slightly small tshirt, so when he stretched, his stomach showed. I tried not to look at his muscular body.

'Spongebob Square pants?' he asked me. 
'I don't even know what I put on, I was mainly on my phone.'
'Excited about Oxford?'
'Yeah, I mean- I got the top marks amongst the others.'
'Whoop-Whoop Wise girl in the house!'
'Shut up. Just because the dare was to give each other nicknames didn't mean they have to stick.'
'Doesn't mean they don't have to stick,' he then added for my torment, 'Wise girl.'
'You are-' I caught myself, was that tears in his eyes? 'Percy?' I sat up, he laid his head against my shoulder and started to... cry? 'Perce?'
'Tyson...' 
'Percy...!' 
'I'm worried Beth...' he said, 'Worried Tyson won't make it.'
'He will make it,' I said, 'He has too...'

Moments of silence droned on. I saw the Percy was sleeping. I felt my eyelids droop, in a moment, it was morning.

'Good morning,' he looked at me, 'I'll get up- or else I'll be sorry if Rachel finds me.' he sat up.
'Percy?'
'And I knew I should have sat up.' he said quietly.
'There you are,' she said.

She sat in between Percy and me. Something felt missing, yet again.

'So Rach,' I said, trying to use her nickname to seem friendly, 'Why'd you run away?'
'My dad was really demanding- he said I have to become a lawyer. But my heart really is in art.' she said.
'That rhymed.' I noticed.
'Yeah it did!' Rachel said with a light laugh, 'Nice observation.'
'So you're coming to Goode with us?'
'Pretty much... yeah...'
'Cool.'

The emptiness grew. Rachel snuggled into Percy. I felt awkward and weird.

'Excuse me, I'm going to go brush my teeth.' I said and muttered under my breath, 'Or something.'

I brushed my teeth and took a bath.

'Where are we going to go today?' Leo asked us all
'I'm thinking we'll go out for lunch?' I said.

Percy and Rachel were still holding hands.

Annie- L

Luke!- A
Are you coming today or tomorrow?- L
Tomorrow- A
Ok, see ya- L
See ya- A

I tried not to feel the emptiness. What was it?

Percy's POV

Rachel snuggled closer.

'Excuse me, I'm going to go brush my teeth.' Annabeth said and got up, muttering to herself.

I shifted a bit. I didn't know why, I wasn't feeling it from Rachel anymore. I don't think she liked that.

'What's up?'
'Nothing.' I lied
'You sure?' Rachel looked at the spot Annabeth was sitting.
'Yeah,' I looked away.
'Percy! Rachel come on!'

Something felt wrong at the table. Someone else was supposed to be beside me, not Rachel. But who? 

And then it hit me. I stared at Annabeth. How did i not know? The first thought the day after I saw her was her, I ceased to not answer her texts, I was thinking about her the entire time the night before...
I had a crush on Annabeth Chase.

The doorbell rang.

'I'll get it,' Annabeth said, getting up. After a moment I heard a faint squeal, 'Luke!'

Luke entered the kitchen with Annabeth next to him.

'Percy.' He grinned. I checked my phone. I had a text from him. Dating, were you two? - L

'Hi Luke.' I said coldly.
'Hey Percy!' Luke replied, twice as cheerfully as I was cold.
'What happened why are you here?' Annabeth said with a smile.
'Is there a problem in me seeing my girlfriend?' he kissed her on the cheek. 
'This is Percy, he's my friend... you know him don't you?'

Piper and the others included, sensed danger between me and Luke.
'I'm going to get some juice,' Piper said, even thought the juice was on the table.
'I'm going to comb my hair.' Callie said.
'I'll help her.' Leo said.
'I'll go wash my face,' Reyna said.

Slowly the entire table, except me, Annabeth and Luke, was empty.

'I'm going to go for a minute,' I said.
I looked around.
'Rachel?'
'Hi Perce,'
'Rachel I wanna b-'
'Rachel! Help mee! There's a s-spider!' a voice called from the kitchen, i recognized it as Nico's, 'Will? Rachel? Percy?'
'I'll do it.' I called.

Nico was frozen on the spot staring at a large garden spider. I took a broom and it fell to the floor. Nico practically screamed.

'Get it away!'
'Alright you big baby!' I laughed, brushing the spider out into the backyard.

Breaking up with Rachel would have to wait, because it made no sense, Annabeth was still with Luke.

So this was a small chapter, I know. I just didn't find anything much eventful for the "next day". Next chapter I'm not really sure, but I'm sure you'll like it.