Chapter 6

Annabeth's POV

I found Percy staring at me. My insides did a somersault. The doorbell rang and I went to get it.

'Luke!'
'Hey-hey!' he hugged me.

We all chit chatted a bit, and slowly the room cleared out. By slowly I mean in a blink of an eye. Only Percy was left. A text came to me. Piper was in the doorway watching me slowly detach myself from Luke. I didn't feel nice when he was hugging me. It was that emptiness in me, he wasn't filling it. Piper's text was funny but I answered it.

If one of them had to die, and you could only save one, who would you save- Percy or Luke? Imagine you met Percy before you and Luke dated.- P
Percy- A

I realised what she did. I stared into space. I liked Percy Jackson. I did. I really did. It hit me like a hard metal ball. I doubted he liked me. Piper smiled at me and went away.

Percy excused himself from the table. I knew what I had to do.

'Luke,' I heaved a breath, 'I want to break up.'
'WHAT?' he demanded.
'I... like someone else...'
'WHO?'
'P-'
'Percy Jackson?' he said, 'RIGHT?'
'Yes,' I said timidly.
'I can't believe you Annabeth!' he raised his voice'Can't even give me my wants! And now you're ditching me?!'
'I only don't kiss you because I don't like you!' I yelled, 'And you ditched me first! I just didn't want to hurt you so I stayed before you ditched me!'

Luke raised his hand and I cowered.

'You dare speak to me like that?' he said, he spat on me, 'You're a filthy girl with no real mother!'

Then he actually slapped me, and unfortunately for me, he was wearing a ring, like Nico did, except his was not a skull, his was a whirpool or something. It cut a gash through my face. I touched my cheek. Without knowing what I was doing. I first punched him in the nose, which started bleeding. I grabbed his hand and my nails dug harder the more he pulled. Leading him outside I slammed the door, screaming insults and curses at him.

'You... You...PIG!' I ran off, ignoring him banging on the door. My cut burned. Percy entered.
'Annabeth!' he rushed to me, 'What happened?' 
'I broke up with Luke, he... slapped me...'
'That...' Percy cursed, 'Come on, let me help you.'

He grabbed my arm, sending tingles down my body. He pulled out a first aid kit from his bag. I suspected he kept it ever since Tyson fell from the roof. Taking out cotton and some disinfectant liquid. He dabbed it on cotton and then gently dabbed my cheek. My body tingled a bit more. Our faces were inches apart. After he was done, his eyes lingered a bit on my own. He kissed my cheek.

'All done,' he said.
I tried not to touch my cheek, 'Thanks I-'

catching myself. I noticed Rachel in the doorway, tears in her eyes.

'So that's what you wanted to say this morning, Percy?' she said, 'I was wondering what was "B" and why you were so quick to help Nico.'
'Rachel.'
'You two faced cow!' Rachel screamed.
'Rachel it was bound to happen.' Percy said, 'You've been with someone else anyways. Why are you sad?'
'Who are you talking about.'
'Who was that guy? I don't even know him! But I saw you two holding hands, making out...I've been on to you for a long time. And anyways, I pecked Beth on the cheek in a sisterly way! So it's not me who is two faced, it's you...'

Rachel stormed away. I could not help but feel sad. He did it in a sisterly way, he didn't like me...

'Sorry you had to see that.' Percy said.
'She cheated-?'
'Yes.' he didn't seem to care, 'Oh wait, I missed a spot of blood there.'

Taking a new cotton and soaking it he did the same thing again. Our faces were inches apart and my cheek was burning, but i doubted from the chemical. He leaned in.