Chapter 38

Estelle's POV

Come on, Percy, wake up. Come on, Annabeth, wake up. It's been five days since two of my favourite people in the world got hit by a car and now they were in a coma.

'It's fine,' I told myself. 'They won't leave,' I gulped. 'not like Tyson.'

I sighed. Visiting hours were over.

'Tomorrow, Percy,' I grumbled. 'You better wake up.'

I left and Mom met me outside.

'So good news, according to the doctors, they are recovering, bad news, they couldn't find Luke, and they may not wake up until Christmas.' she said
'Christm- but without Percy it won't ever be the same!' I cried.
'Aw, honey,' Mom pursed her lips. 'If a miracle happens, then maybe a few days before Christmas.'
'Have they found him?'

Mom pursed her lips and shook her head.

'If they don't find him, I will,' I frowned.
'Well, have you got a present ready? For your Father and Percy.'

I nodded and glanced at Percy and Annabeth. The glass shards cut through their skin. It was just so scary, I remember it clearly:

I was talking with my friends and James. We were all laughing and talking and in general enjoying. James kept on joking about how Christmas was going to be the most boring thing this year.

Then we played Charades. It was my turn and I was

Suddenly, I get a call from Mom.

'Gimme a minute,' I whispered and picked up. 'Hello?'
'Estelle,' Mom's shaky voice said from the other end. 'I'm coming from an early shift, we need to go to the hospital.'
'W-what happened?' I ask.
'Percy,' she said. 'he had an accident. He's unconscious. And Annabeth.'

I am so shocked. I am about to crumble down, but I remember James rushing over and saving me from the fall.

'Stelle,' he says. 'What happened?'
'I...' 

I'm literally not able to process the news. James helps me up and then leads me to the sofa and asks me. Finally, I speak.

'Percy and Annabeth had an accident.' I say quietly.
James looks as shocked as me.
'It's going to be fine,' he tells me. 'They'll be fine.'

His hand was on my shoulder and he was giving me a reassuring look, from behind, Ella, my best friend (she's a bookworm.) hugs me.

'Yeah, he's right.' she says. 'It won't be like...'

I knew what she meant :Tyson.

People said that Ella had a crush on Tyson. It was stupid. She was fond of him, like a little brother (even though he was older). But it wasn't a crush.

I nodded and got up.

'I hate it, but you guys have got to go...'
'Yeah, yeah,' James said. 'Bye,'

He gave me a quick hug and left.

Piper's POV

Well, shoot. Annabeth's in coma, and I never got to say goodbye.

She's not dead, Piper, I reminded myself. She'll recover.

'Oh, Annabeth...' I sighed. 

And it was all going so well. Annabeth texted me before the movie, telling me she was going to have the time of her life watching Percy watch Percy.

And then the accident.

It was a hit-and-run driver. And what's more, the driver was Luke.

It came on the papers then next day, there was camera footage of the two talking, and suddenly seemingly about to kiss, but then Luke ruined it all. He hit them, with his car, somehow surviving and just left. Hey, I'm gonna hit you with my car while you try and kiss, mm-kay?

I was furious, livid, my insides were boiling. He dared to touch my best friend. Callie was crying. Literally, crying. And I didn't expect that, because she had told me she had like Percy a lot, before Leo. At least some part of her would have been kinda happy, that Annabeth was gonna be gone, that this was a huge blow in their relationship.

But Callie wasn't like that (thankfully.). She and Hazel and I all stayed up talking, wondering if those two would push through.

I looked unlikely. To be honest.

I sighed and got back to checking my results. I did amazing in English, did alright in Social Science, and scraped a pass in Math.

Of course, Annabeth's reports consisted of A+'s and A's.

'Good job,' I told Annabeth's report card. 'You did great.'

Short chapter? Yes. The next chapter will be good? idk! ask the future!