Chaper 10

Percy's POV

'What happened, Mom?' I asked as we got in the car.
'I-' she scanned my face, 'are you crying?'
'No...' I said wiping a tear off my cheek, 'Mom- I've got some bad news.'
'Tell it at home.' she said, 'Estelle. We've got to calm Estelle down, she's gone berserk over something- I think she's reliving the... Tyson incident, it's got her very bad, I think she'll need therapy.'
She really will, after Tyson- I thought
'He'll be fine though,' she re-assured me, 'Oh, we're home. Tell me the news now if you want, but keep it short?'
'The doctor-' I caught while saying, 'Tyson- last days...' I stammered. The power of mothers understood. She put her head in her hands and cried.
'No.' she said burying her face, 'He'll be fine- he has to be fine!'
'He said it's his last days...'
'He'll be fine.' she said and got out of the car.

Estelle was watching TV, muttering something like "I'm sorry Tyson.". Blue cookies were left unattended in front of her and she was swaying.

'Estelle?' My mother tried to get her attention, there was no response. Then she looked at me, clearly saying, see?
I nodded, 'Estelle?' I whispered and sat next to her, no response. I tried tickling her.
'Stop!' she cried out.
'So you're alive?' I said, 'Phew!' I said, faking a relieved sigh.
'It's my fault!' she said loudly, 'It's my-'
'Stella- it's no one's fault. Did you push him?'
'No,'
'Did you force him?'
'No,'
'Did you run to save him?'
'Yeah! What kind of question is that?'
'It's not your fault,' I said, 'Now watch something that you usually don't vomit at,' pointing at "Peppa Pig" that was now dancing on the screen.
'OK.'
'And eat those cookies before I finish them. It's not the cookies' fault!'
'Yeah,' she gave a wet laugh.
My phone pinged.
'Is it Miss Annabeth?' Estelle said with a tone that said it all, your girlfriend.
'Kid's nowadays...' I muttered,
'You're only a few years older than me!' she punched me in the arm, 'Now go talk to your girlfriend.'

She ran away fast before I could catch her. My phone pinged twice. I checked it.

Percy- A
PERCY- A
Are you dead? Where's your funreal- A
Is that the correct spelling of funrael?- A
You're asking me?- P
Hii!- A
What happened- P
How's your mom holdin up?- A
She's broke down, crying in her room, Estelle's fine she was w/ me- P
I explained the news to the group- you're fine with that?- A
Ye, I trust dem- P
We couldn't have ice cream- A
I know- P
I'll take you soon- P
We'll go out- P
Like...?- A
Heheh, maybe?- P
Oh, ok... not sure right?... and you asking me out, or what?- A
I said maybe, Annabeth, maybe... I think we could go as friends, instead... :). I'll see you. Gtg help my mum w/ cookies- P

Tomorrw?- A
ye, see ya! And don't worry, we're going as friends- P

She didn't reply, just sent a quick bye. I scared her. Oh no, I scared her off. Oh, why did I just do that? Thank god I fixed things after I said we could go as friends. I saw her message and knew immediately she didn't like me. I mean, her tone? She didn't say, not sure, she added a right at the end, like she was hoping I wasn't sure. I only thought of one thing to do.

'Hello?' I said, 'Leo?'
'Hey! Percy! Are you-' I knew he was going to ask whether I was crying.
'I'll explain later,' I said, 'I can't quite believe I just did that,' I said.
'Did what?'
'I asked Annabeth Chase out,' I said.
'What the hell!' he cried out.
'No kidding,' I said.
'And...?'
'Well,' I said a little sadly 'I think I scared her so I said just as friends.'
'Dude! You shouldn't have! I think she likes you!'

'No.' I said, 'That's impossible!'
'Whatever you thunk Dude,'
'You think?'
'I know.'
'Whatever,' I said, 'You're wrong then.'
'Fine dude, just saying,'