Chapter 39

Percy's POV

I wake up and find myself in the hospital. Wasn't I in a car earlier?

'P-Percy!' Mom rushed over to me. 'How do you feel?'
'I just notice that I have a bunch of cuts what do you think?' I ask.
'Do you remember who I am?' she asks me.
'Yes, of course!' I say. 'Why am I in the hospital? And- Annabeth!' 

I suddenly remember about Annabeth.

'Where is she?' I ask and look around.
'Percy... look...' my Mom took my hands.

I braced for the worst. Annabeth couldn't be dead. She wouldn't be dead.

'She's lost her memory.' Mom said. 'She's been moved to a different ward.'

Lost her memory, not dead. I told myself.

'M-memory? Lost her memory?' I ask.
'She's going to get it back soon... but I doubt she'll remember you, not until a while,'
'She- she has to,' I say.
'I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean you can't get back together,'
'When can I meet her?' I ask.
'Not for a while-'

I jumped up and down on my bed.

'Percy, don't take out your aggression like this, it's not going to help...'
'WHY?!' I practically yell. 'Why me?'
'Per-'
'And who was the one who hit the car?' I asked while trying to regain my calmness.
'Well,' Mom said. 'Some are saying it's this drunk man who was drinking and driving the same day, but he died in an accident.'
'And...?'
'Piper and Estelle think it's Luke Castellan.'
'Then it's Luke,'
'WE can't jump to-'
'Yes, we can, he's been jealous of me and Annabeth for ages. I WANT HIM DEAD!' I said.
'Calm-'
'When - can I leave?'
'Tomorrow,'

---

The next day, I didn't wait a minute, I called my mom, and we left the hospital. And in a matter of minutes, I was at the house.

'Piper,' I said. 'Luke hit the car- Annabeth- memory-' I stammered
Knowing Piper, she understood every word and could string them in full sentences.
'She's fine, Luke's... well... missing.'
'ARGH!' I screamed.

Annabeth's POV

I woke up again, the names were still in my head. I was too scared to tell anyone the name, because I didn't even remember anything else. I only knew these things about me:
My name was Annabeth I was in grade         I also loved this band called BTS according to a woman named Sally (the name was familiar). I was         years old (no one cared to tell me how old I am).

I also knew these names:  Percy, Piper  and who they were 

Percy was: my ex, who I still love, and had to break up with because of a weird reason I can't remember. 

Piper was: My best friend, who was like my sister. The names "Jason, Hazel, Will, Frank, Nico, and Luke" sounded familiar to me.

For some reason the last name, Luke, sent shivers down me.  

Overall, I also remember this main point:  My life is super messed up.

'Percy,' I mutter.

It sounds dumb, but I'm scared that if I don't say his name every now and then, I'll forget him. And I don't want to forget someone so dear to me.

'Piper,' I say while closing my eyes. I see the same face I always see when I try to remember her. A determined and soft looking face, colour-changing eyes, and choppy hair which seemed to look spectacular whatever happened.

'My earliest memory is...' I try thinking. 'A blonde woman holding a blonde baby, possibly me. Also, me reading a book.'

I write that down.

I've been writing stuff down. I've been awake and pretty much memoryless for around four days. The woman named Sally says that I woke up earlier than Percy, which was good.

I was hoping Percy was okay. And I also had a small memory of Sally coming back at me. Seven Layer Dip. The boy named Jason was: Piper's boyfriend

'Annabeth?' a girl walks in.
'Who are you?' I ask.

The girl was kinda cute. She had emo green hair and-

'Wow, you really lost memory,' she said. 'Juniper? Juniper Bush?'
'I- no I don't remember you.'
'You don't remember Percy?' she asks.
'I do!' I say. 'Is he ok?'
'Yes,' she says. 'You remember his friend, Grover Underwood?'

I've heard the name somewhere, the name echoes in my head.

'Kinda?'
'I'll take that as no,'
'Yeah, not much,'
'Well. I, Juniper Bush, am his girlfriend - and I was kinda close to you,'
'Well, I'm sure I'll remember you soon, I mean, look, we're already getting close!'
'Yeah...' she sounded unsure.

There was silence.

'Annabeth, we have bad news.'
'What?'
'Luke Castellan. He's missing. And he is the reason you're here'
'Whoa.' I say. 'How old was he?'
'Almost nineteen, in about a month.'
'Well, he's old for an eleventh grader, assuming he's an eleventh grader.'
'So, you obviously don't remember that he was held back two grades.'
'Oh,'

I was in shock.

'And, well, who was Luke?'
'Your ex.' Juniper said. 'And uh... Percy's been dismissed.'

I sighed and stared out of the window. I was tired of this view. It had been five days.

If Luke was my ex, I'd know a lot about him. I'd know where he is. I just need to remember.

If I even could remember. And then I found a note, a note on my table at the side.

'Hey, could you give me a minute?' I ask.
'Of course, I'll be here, Grover's broken his hand so I'm in the hospital for the next hour.'
'Ok-'

I open the note.

𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧

I spent a few minutes admiring the handwriting. Then I turned the note over.

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬
𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤,
𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥

'Come on, Brain,' I think aloud. 'Work for once...'

There was a sign beside the "cancer". It was a zodiac. I had to remember which one.

'Juniper?' I call out.
'Yeah?' Juniper walks in.
'Which zodiac sign is this?' I just wanted to confirm.

Juniper looks at the sign.

'Cancer.' she says. 'Why? What note is this?'
'Forget it,' I say. 'wait...'

My brain was still flashing a ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴛᴄʜ ᴅᴀᴛᴀ message, but something clicked.

'When was Luke's birthday?' I blurted. 'Or more importantly, what's his zodiac sign.'
'Cancer,' Juniper looked at me.
'Is there anyone else, who was or is important to me, with the same zodiac?'
'No, not really... No.' Juniper confirmed.

I chuckled.

'And lastly,' I say. 'Who's Rachel?'
'Percy's ex. You guys didn't like her much.'
'Oh, the tables have turned.' I laugh.

It was like Rachel knew. There was a blank paper next to the note, and a pen.

'I'm writing a note,' I told Juniper. 'Give this to Percy, tomorrow.'

At least my handwriting was legible. I labelled the front of the note with: For Percy. Then I wrote on the inside.

𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙻𝚞𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐.
𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚔,
𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚑