Chapter 36

Annabeth's POV

I grumbled. Five days and Piper still cared about me too much to let me just leave. I mean, can't blame her. I was really sad, and then my phone pinged.

Just tell me what did I do - P
Nothing - A
Then why? - P
You're better of with someone else anyway - A
If I was better of w/ someone else I'd never have liked you - P
Let it be - A
Luke, it's Luke w did he say? - P
You're right, I won't tell what he said. Now bye, I can't... - A

On the bright side, he texted me.

Ok, that's not counted.

Oh, how I hated Luke. Oh, how I'd like to explain it to Percy. But how was the question? I mean, on the phone, Luke can simply pick up my phone and see the messages (My phone's broken, the password settings don't work.). What else can I do?

I sighed and put on the TV.

'Annie?' Piper came in. She looked the most concerned about me at this point. 'Why are you watching Peppa Pig?'

I sighed.

''Cause I'm bored.'
'You're always bored,'
'Can you blame me?' I grumbled.
'Okay, okay,' she scratched her head. 'Up for a game of chess?'

I got up shrugged then sat down behind the board.

'I'm white,' I said quickly.
'Okay,' she waited for me to play.

I looked at the board and did my starting move.

The game of chess went on for a long time, my brain worked itself more than ever, I was hellbent on making Piper lose. I don't know why. Finally, we were left only with one pawn and a king each. She stuck her hand out, I shook it, indicating a draw.

Percy's POV

'Ugh!' I grumbled and threw my book. 'I hate maths, I hate maths!'
'Calm down,' Jason chided. 'Need any help?'
'No I need Annabeth,' I murmured under my breath.
'What did you say?'
'Nothing,'
'I'll assume you need help,' he picked up my book and threw it on my face. 'Tell,'

He helped me well enough I guess, though Annabeth was still better, she was like my tutor.

And then an idea popped into my mind.

What if I met Annabeth somewhere where Luke would never dare to go? Somewhere where there would be cyclopes. Of course, Cyclopes aren't real, but if I found a statue or a movie that includes cyclopes, would Luke dare to follow us?

'Percy Jackson,' I muttered. That stupid character in Estelle's book, there was a movie on it.
'Yeah, that's your name,' Frank muttered and I had to hold my laughter.
'Now how would I convince Annabeth...'

Text.

Annabeth's POV

Of course, Percy never learns.

Of course, he texted me.

Of course, it was too hard to ignore it.

Annabeth- idea - P

I was bored.

My name is Annabeth Chase, not Annabeth Idea - A

Really bored.

Shut up - I mean, sorry... Um... I have an idea, do you wanna go to a movie?
Excuse me? - A
Trust me, please - P
No way - A
PLEASE! - P
Please, just trust me, trust ME, Annabeth. - P
Did you actually take it to the point that you put a comma before addressing my name? Impressed. - A
:) - P
Okay, fine - A
Which movie? - A
Percy Jackson and the Sea Of Monsters - P