Chapter 32

Percy's POV

Since I had like, nothing to do, I thought I'd call Annabeth over. Christmas was coming closer and closer, and the Olympics was going to start in March. Yes, they informed us way earlier.

I called Annabeth and she said she'd come over. I waited for a while and eventually, boredom got the best of me. I went to read a book. Yes. I actually went to read a book. Annabeth spent a lot of time reading, so I often ended up getting engrossed in the book with her. Reading had become my hobby as well, thanks to Annie.

A pair of hands covered my eyes.

'I know its you Annie.' I chortled.
Annie came in front and pecked my cheek.
'What's up?'
'I'm bored.'
'You called me because you're bored?'
'Yeah,'
'What do you wanna do?' Annabeth took a seat next to me.
'I dunno! That's why I called you,' I rolled my eyes. 'duh.'
'Well I don't know, either.' Annabeth shrugged. 'Do you want to read?'
'I don't...I don't have any books at my house - only Estelle does - and she doesn't let me take her books.'
'Trust me,' Annabeth chuckled. 'I'll get it in no time.'

Annabeth left the room and soon came back with a few books.

'How...?'
'ARMY power.' Annabeth explained. 'Well, I suppose we can get reading.'

We both got under the blanket because it was cold and started to read. Estelle gave us her horror books, and they were actually pretty good.

--

'Percy!' Mom calls me.
'Be right back,' I pecked Annabeth's cheek while she nodded and shoved me away because I was breaking her concentration.

Mom was cooking lunch, and it smelled amazing.

I couldn't resist but say, 'What's for lunch?'
'Seven layer dip.' Mom said shortly. 'Hey!'

Mom slapped my hand away as I stuck a finger in the dip.

'What?'
'No eating now,' she started cutting loaves of bread. 'Is Annabeth eating here?'
'I guess,' I shrugged. 'Let me ask her.'

I jogged up to my room and found Annabeth asleep. I didn't want to wake her up so I called Piper and explained that Annabeth had fallen asleep and she may be having lunch with us.

'That's 'kay,' Piper sighed. 'She's tired.'
'Yeah,' I said. 'school is tiring.'
'Alright, bye, Perce.' Piper said. 'Oh, and take care of Annie will ya?'
'O-of course.' I stammered

There was an edge to Piper's voice when she said the last part. It was like she was saying or-else at the end. When I went back up I sat next to Annie and continued reading.

Annabeth's POV

I had the worst dream ever. I was dreaming that I was with Jennifer, back at my old house. Mom's best friend was Jennifer, I always loved Jennifer at that time. Then I remember a scream when Jennifer and Mom were talking and then Mom was dead. Jennifer didn't do anything but ran away. This was how my Mom died, Jennifer had murdered her. Then, every, typical story, Dad fell in love with Jennifer.

The dream changed and I was with Luke, he was raising his hand at me, he was taller, darker, and more dangerous looking.

'You'll never be with Percy!' he shouted and his hand came against me, and then Percy pulled me away.

We both ran and then suddenly I walked into a different form of my dream.

'Annabeth,' Percy says in the dream. 'We're breaking up.'
'What?' I am bewildered in the dream, and it's all so real. 'Why?'
'You let yourself go,' Luke's voice came out of Percy's mouth.

I stare horrorstruck. I want to be out of the dream, but you can't wake up from a dream when you want to.

'Annabeth?' Percy shook me.

I jolted up. I realised that I was sweating. My skin was white and clammy.

'Are-are you okay?' He asked me.
'Yeah,' I said.
'Sure?'
'I'm fine, Perce,' I tried to smile, hoping it didn't look like I was about to cry.
'I'm going for lunch,' Percy said. 'I told Pipes you fell asleep and are having lunch here.'
'Oh, alright, let's go then?'
'Yep.'

When we went down, Sally had made seven-layer dip, which I'd never tried before.

'Well, you'll love it.' Percy insisted.

He was right.
I loved the seven-layer dip more than the cinnamon bread, which wasn't something that was supposed to happen, cinnamon bread was my favorite thing in the world, no exaggeration there, and I like it more than the bread.

'So,' Sally asked me. 'Eleventh grade is almost over.'
'Yeah,' I raised an eyebrow. Random, wasn't it?

Percy chewed thoughtfully. Sally swallowed hard and looked at me.

'So, how will you take things from there?' she asked.
'Where?'
'When you have to go abroad? Your scholarship?' Sally raised her eyebrow.
'I... me and Percy agreed on long-distance...'
'I see...' Sally licked her lips. 'I remember, Poseidon and me were long-distance, for a while.'

I pursed my lips and got up to keep my plate in the kitchen. Percy followed me. We both had talked about it earlier, it seemed so light, so easy. Now I realized how hard it would be. Percy and I would not be able to meet. Due to studies, we'd barely have time for phone calls. He may start liking another girl.
No, he'd never cheat on me. I hoped...

'It's fine,' Percy said as he grabbed the dish washing soap.
'Totally,' I said.
'Piper told me to take you home,' Percy said while he finished my plate. 'let's go.'
'Yeah,'

This is my most boring chapter ever, I know. I'm sorry!

-D