Chapter 24

(A/n: YAY! 400 reads! Also the above picture is Estelle. I couldn't find a picture who looked like her so I just chose one that seemed as close to what she is described as. She actually has green eyes and salt and pepper hair.)

Estelle's POV (yes we're doing another Estelle's POV because I want her and James. Get ready to be surprised.)

Percy was out for a party. Of course. I heard he became friends with Annabeth again. Maybe that's why he was so happy. My phone pinged. It was a message from James.

Hi Estelle!- James
James! Hru?- Estelle
Good you?- James
Same here. Good- Estelle

I kept worrying about what I was typing because well - James was my crush.

The conversation went quite smooth. I wouldn't lie. I was going over to James's. He called me over for homework.

'Mom!' I called out for my mother. 'Mom! I'm going to go to a friends house!'
'Whose?' Mom's voice rang out from the bathroom.

I did something very wrong then.

'James.' I replied.

That's what I did wrong. I told her it was James.

'A BOY?!' Mom ran out with her face mask still on. She clapped her hands gleefully. 'My little girl is growing up! Is it a date? You are not letting James see you with those clothes. Come on, Estelle. I'll help you impress James without overdoing it.'
'Mom!' I sighed. 'You're making it weird now. He's just a friend!'

I kinda hoped he was more than just a friend.
That's gonna be soon Estelle. I reminded myself. You've made a ton of guys fall for you without even trying. Kinda like Piper.

I followed my mom. I could trust her when it comes to clothes right? She thrust a pair of black jeans, comfortable. She gave me a black t-shirt. It was fitting but not tight. It also had a kind of thing to it. Simple yet elegant. I kinda expected a gown. This was my mom. I thought she'd go all out.

'The black brings out your eyes.' she said. 'And your hair is black and grey-ish. So here you go.' She thrust a pair of grey shoes.
'I-' I had no words.
'Let me fix your hair.'

In a matter of minutes my hair was styled. Not with clips or hairties. It was styled upwards. Swept to one side. I have short hair but it was long enough to stay put. Mom made sure my face wasn't hideous. Though she didn't use make-up.

She gasped. 'Estelle.... you're the most gorgeous tomboy ever!' Mom squealed.
I checked myself in the mirror. I was gorgeous. I was simple. I wasn't screaming Wearing-to-impress. But I was still gorgeous.
'Thanks, mom.' was all I could muster.
'Go on! I'll drive you!'

Mom already had the keys in her hands. I hadn't seen it a while ago. Mothers are wondrous sometimes. I murmured an alright.

---

We reached. Mom gave a quick peck goodbye.

'Be - good.' she said. 'And do not be a burden - but be comfortable. And show a sense of responsibility.'
'OK Mom.' I smiled. 'Can I go now?'
'Asking me, are you? Yes you can go!'

I rang the doorbell. I had brought over my bag and books because it was homework after all.

'Hi!' James looked at me and his smile wavered slightly. Though I sensed he was surprised rather than not happy. 'You- you look nice.'
'Oh come on, James!' I gave a smile. 'I'm just wearing my everyday clothes!'
'I-' James smiled. 'Right, which subject?'
'Whatever you want.' I said. 'I'd rather go with Math. We can get it over with that first and then continue.'