Into the Dark...

Aly's POV:

Hailmar commanded his soldiers to take us closer to the Ivory City, which we were now able to see. 

And let me tell you, it was the best thing I'd ever seen. 

"We're actually here." I gasped, as everyone else shared the same reaction. "See? I told ya!" Jay exclaimed, pointing at the various people flying around Shintaro. "Amazing!"

We were brought over the city, and towards the palace. But we were able to get a good view of it. "I'll admit, I wasn't sure it could live up to the legend but...It's even more beautiful." Nya gasped, turning to Jay. 

"The Ivory City of Shintaro...Incredible." Wu seemed to be in a much greater mood now, which was perfect as the ship was parked on a large platform.

The soldiers holding the ship gently lowered it, and helped us out of the Bounty. "I don't think Pixal's gonna very be happy with this." Cole spoke up, looking at the Bounty's damage. 

"Do not worry about your ship." Hailmar told him. "I will have our finest builders repair your ship during your stay." "Oh, thank you, Hailmar." Nya smiled, just as he led us into the palace.

The walls were huge and lined with rows of purple flowers. The windows reached from the ceiling to the floor, making us feel like ants.

Hailmar led us to a large stairwell, and threw open the door at the top. 

"It is with great honour, King Vangelis, that I present the famed Ninja of Ninjago." Hailmar flew over to the king, and showed us to him.

"Welcome, welcome!" The King rose from his throne, and welcomed us. 

He wore a large white and blue robe, with a golden shawl showing golden clouds. His hair was neatly brushed back, so a small purple diamond could be seen upon his pale face. 

"I'm most pleased that you were able to accept our invitation. It is an honour. " King Vangelis bowed to us, and we bowed in return.

"The honour is ours." Wu responded. "Shintaro is beyond, anything we imagined." The king let out a small chuckle. "I am only a mere figurehead. The citizens of our proud city are the heart of Shintaro." Vangelis continued, just as the fluttering of wings came into the room, followed by a young voice. 

"Oh, they're here!"

"And please meet my heart, Her Royal Princess Vania." The King introduced her as she gracefully landed, with the guards promptly taking her wings. 

The young girl, who looked to be around 17 bowed to us, right before showing an exited face. She wore a white and blue gown, much like her fathers. But her hair was golden, and tied up in a bun.

Vania rushed up to us with the hugest smile. "I am such a fan! I've read all about your adventures. It was my idea to invite you to my birthday." She smiled, but to Cole. He gently smiled back at her, which seemed to peak Lloyd's attention.

"Well it's an honour to be here, Princess." Cole sighed, just as Vania turned to the rest of us. "So, is it true that you've been to Hiroshi's Labyrinth?" She asked. "Affirmative." Zane confirmed.

"Competed in the Tournament of Elements?" She asked again. "Oh, do we have storied for you." Kai laughed. 

"And been to the Never-Realm?" Vania exclaimed, making Zane and I turn to each other with wide eyes.

"Uh..." I wasn't quite sure what to say, but Lloyd swiftly came in. "Yes. And we can tell you about it, another time." He nervously laughed, making sure we were okay.