Racer seven...

Aly's POV:

Scott let us into his garage and turned to his workbench. "So, what brings you guys back here?"

"Scott, we need some help." Jay told him, but he stayed silent. "We need to enter the Speedway Five-Billion." Lloyd bluntly explained, making Scott quickly turn to us.

"Are you guys insane?! That race is the most dangerous part of this entire game!" He shouted at us, but we had figured that out already.

"We know. But we need to win the Keytana so we can get back home. So we can get everyone back home." Jay told him. "Don't you want to go home?"

Scott thought for a moment, and sighed. "Fine. Let me guess; you need vehicles." "Yes, we do." Nya responded.

Scott walked over to a large tarp and pulled it off, revealing three old-looking vehicles. He then opened a small side garage door, revealing a large grey car.

"Don't we need five?" Kai asked, just as Scott revealed one last car. "Uh, she doesn't look like much. But trust me, she's fast." He placed his hand on the car, and ran his hand along its hood.

"Whose car is this? Yours?" Cole wondered, but Scott took no time to reply. "No. I don't race." "Why not?" Kai spoke up.

"Look, you want it or not? This plus the other three, plus my car, that's five vehicles. That gets you in the race." Scott looked to each of us, noticing something.

"Wait a second. Did you all sign up?" He asked. "Yeah, we did." Lloyd told him, making Scott harshly sigh. "We don't have another vehicle. And I doubt you'll be able to find one by the time the race starts."

We all looked to each other, unsure of what to do. I looked to everyone's arms to see their life count. They all had two or less left, so I offered myself. "I can hitchhike one of your vehicles." I spoke up, but Scott still wasn't happy.

"That's extremely dangerous! You could be killed!" He snapped. "I have lives to spare." I told him. "How many do you have left?" He asked.

"Three." I showed him my life count, and he seemed to let the subject go, but he still wasn't okay with it.

We all looked back to the car in front of us, and we took a note of how busted it was. "This car needs a lot of work. Do you think we can fix it up in time?" Jay wondered.

"New engine, transmission, brakes, shocks, wheels, timing belt, windshield." Nya started examining the car, telling us everything that needed fixing.

"Yeah, it's in bad shape. But it's the best I got. She did pretty well. Until the last race." Scott sighed, putting his hand back on the car. "What happened in the last race?" Lloyd asked.

"Driver got cubed. Made a reckless move. Wanna know why I don't drive? That's why. 'Cause I've only got one life left and I value it. I'm not risking it for anything or anyone." Scott explained.

"Some things are worth fighting for, Scott." Jay told him, but the man just turned away. "Yeah, yeah, you guys can be heroes if you want. Not me."

"He's been stuck in this game a long time. Too long." Jay sighed. "If any of us want to get out of here, we need that Keytana. We need to win that race." Nya spoke up.

"Then we better get started. Come on, what are we waiting for?" Cole announced, quickly walking over to the vehicles.

I was about to get started on one of the cars repairs when Lloyd tapped me on shoulder. "Everything okay, Lloyd?"

"Uh, yeah. I was just wondering, if you mind, if you could check out the Speedway for us. See what you can learn." He asked. "Won't it be filled with Red Visors?" I pointed out.