"alphas can sometimes. It's when they feel most vulnerable but in the presence of someone they can wholeheartedly trust" Joon explains as he places his book to the side and turns more towards his friend.

"For omega's, it comes more naturally" Namjoon says as he starts to quietly purr on command. Jeongguk reaches forward to press a hand to his chest to feel the vibrations.

"it does sound like a kitten" he lets out in a murmur causing his friend to chuckle at the remark.

"Can you teach me how to do that Joon?" he asks cutely as he looks at his friend with hopeful puppy eyes.

"As i said before gguk, you need to be around someone who-" Namjoon starts but Jeongguk cuts him off.

"Joon, i am around someone like that. I trust you with my life and in a way i am being vulnerable with you right now" he says with a small groan.

"it's embarrassing enough for me to ask you this, i know you'll come back later to tease me about being soft, i'm showing you a side i don't usually show" the boy smiles shyly now.

Namjoon sighed and moved to straighten out his legs.

he taps his thighs, "okay, lay down and relax" he instructs. Jeongguk done as he was told and laid down with his head in Namjoon's lap.

"I'm going to strengthen my scent a little because i know it calms you" Namjoon warns the alpha and starts to let his scent off stronger than it normally is.

Jeongguk sighs in content.

"for an alpha you have to be completely relaxed. keep your mind clear and don't think about it or it wont happen."

Jeongguk closed his eyes and let his body relax as he felt Namjoon's hand touch the top of his head, running his fingers through his hair.

"your wolf will purr when he's completely at ease" Namjoon sighs softly with a smile on his face.

It had gone quiet between them both for a little while, so Namjoon reached over for his book again, holding it up and reading it with one hand.

"can you read aloud? your voice is soothing" Jeongguk mumbled.

Namjoon then quietly started to read his book aloud so that Jeongguk could hear him.

Soon a small rumble had sounded through Jeongguk's chest and Namjoon stopped to look down at the alpha, the long haired boy looking up at the omega.

"that was so cute" Namjoon chuckled softly, it wasn't a proper purr but it was as if his wolf was trying.

"come on, relax up again, keep trying until you get it" Namjoon said and went back to what he was doing and Jeongguk done the same.

Not long after that, Jeongguk had started to purr properly, Namjoon smiled down at him but was quite surprised how loud it was for his first time doing it.

"wow gguk, that's pretty loud" Namjoon comments happily, Jeongguk smirked to himself making him frown.

"yeah i know, seok said something similar to that last night" he says cheekily making Namjoon slap him on the chest for being rude.

"you're gross" Namjoon lets out in disgust and started to push him away.

"be gone you demon" he says while shooing him with his hands. "leave me to read now" he adds on.

"you're the best Joon" Jeongguk kisses his cheek before grabbing his stuff and leaving the male to some silence while he continues on reading.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

a/n: am i on a roll today or am i on a roll today hahah

updating for the third time in a day and still feeling like i could write more. i might hope over to my new fic though to see if i can finish the last little bit of the next chapter.

you guys should check it out if you want too, i quite like it alot so far and have so much planned for it.

love you guys though, mwah have a kiss 😘

have a good day/night, stay safe my loves and wear a mask out in crowded areas. :)