Hunter Exam

Everyone was confused when they heard Netero say that. "His boy?" Whos boy? What is he talking about?

Y/n: "His boy...? Wait, Do you-" You wanted to ask him, but then you get cut off by Netero.

Netero: "Yes. Me and your father were good friends. It was a massive loss when he was killed. But it's good to see that his legacy is alive and well. And it seems like you inherited both of his abilities as well." Netero explained to you, apparently knowing your dad well enough to know about the Six eyes and Limitless.

Everyone was once again, stunned when hearing this. The chairman of the entire hunter association, Was friends with his kid's dad.

Netero: "Anyway, As much as I'd like to sit here and chat, We have more important business to get to." Netero said while looking at Menchi.

Netero: "Menchi, You will continue serving as an examiner, But you yourself will participate alongside this year's applicants, in completing whatever challenge you choose." Netero said, taking Menchi by surprise.

Netero: "Well, what do you say? Sound reasonable? Surely that would make the applicants more comfortable with the results." Netero asked Menchi.

Menchi: "I suppose you're right. And I have just the thing for the new challenge. We'll all be making boiled eggs!" Menchi said, taking everyone by surprise.

Menchi: "Chairman, since I see you brought your airship, would you mind taking us to split mountain?" Menchi asked Netero.

Netero: "Split Mountain? Oh, I see. Yes, of course!" Netero said to Menchi, knowing what she's getting at.

-Cut to Split Mountain.-

Menchi: "This is it. Take a look at what's down there." Menchi asked while looking down at a giant web

Menchi: "THAT is a spider eagle's web." Menchi explained before everyone all of a sudden feels a strong gust of wind.

Menchi: "Look past the web to see what's underneath." Menchi said, looking at all the eggs below.

Gon: "Hey, Those are-" He then gets cut off by Menchi.

Menchi: "Those are the spider-eagle eggs." Menchi said, cutting off Gon.

Netero: "Spider-eagles build their webs in deep ravines like this one. It helps protect their eggs from predators. Thats what makes these eggs one of the most difficult ingredients to obtain. Also, the eggs are commonly known as Dream eggs." Netero explained before Todo asks a question.

Todo: "Hey, wait a minute... Do you mean-" he then gets cut off by Menchi.

Menchi: "You bet I do." Menchi says before jumping down the Ravine, shocking everyone.

When Menchi jumps down, She manages to latch on to a web and hangs there. But Menchi just hangs there, looking like she was waiting for something.

Leorio: "Even if she grabs a few eggs, how's she gonna climb back up?" Leorio asked worriedly.

Y/n: "Dont worry, She knows what she's doing." You said to Leorio.

Menchi then feels a slight gust of wind, She then lets go of the web and falls toward the eggs, shocking everyone. She manages to grab one but she continues falling. Then, out of nowhere, a huge gust of wind shoots up out of the ravine, repelling Menchi back up to The others.

Menchi: "There! Now I just need to boil it and I'll be set!" Menchi said when she landed.

Todo: "Y-You gotta be kidding! You mean, you really expect us to jump down there? Thats crazy!" Todo said, surprised at what they have to do.

Gon: "I've been waiting for something like this!" Gon said happily as he jumped down the ravine along with the others.

After those 5 jumps down, The others follow suit, Jumping one after another, not even letting Menchi finish.

Then, everyone hangs there, waiting for an opportunity to swoop in and grab an egg, until 1 Idiot decides to jump down too early.

Leorio: "What are we waiting for?" Leorio said after that one moron jumped down.

Gon: "Hold on! Don't let go yet." Gon said, trying to slow his friend's horses.

Leorio: "Why? What's wrong?" Leorio said impatiently.

Killua: "No wind." Killua answered Leorio.

Kurapika: "The updrafts dont happen all the time." Kurapika said as that one random guy fell to his death.

Leorio: "When do you think the next one comes along?" Leorio asked.

Gon: "Any minute now." Gon answered.

Y/n: "Wait a minute! I can fly!" You said, forgetting about one of your abilities.

You then Jump down from the web, much to the distress of Gon and his friends.

You then begin to float in the air, confusing everyone. You then fly over toward one of the eggs and grab one and fly back up. Shocking everyone at how easily you completed this portion of the exam.

Menchi: "O-Oh... Well if you can just fly then that kind of takes out the point of the whole exam now does it?" Menchi said while sweating.

Netero was just smiling, happy that His friend's son had the same abilities as his dad. It was like meeting a younger Satoru.

Y/n: "Well, that takes care of that." You said while handing the egg over to Menchi and walking away.

Menchi: "W-Wait! Dont you want to eat this?" Menchi asked.

Y/n: "Nah. Not a fan of eggs." You said to Menchi as you continue walking away.

Gon: "Okay Now!" Gin shouted as everyone let go of their webs.

Everyone jumped down at Gon's signal, They then each grab an egg whilst falling, but then, a large gist of wind sends them all flying back up to the surface.

-Timeskip 1 hour.-

We currently see everyone munching on a boiled egg, amazed by how good they taste is, While you are on the ground staring at the clouds.

Kurapika: "Wow! I see why they're called dream eggs!" Kurapika said while eating.

Gon: "Hey! Y/n!" Gon called out to you, getting your attention.

Gon: "This eggs really good. Do you wanna try it?" Gon said, offering you a taste of the egg.

You then think for a moment, before replying to Gon.

Y/n: "Yeah sure, why not?" You said while taking the egg and taking a bite.

Y/n: "Woah! This is amazing! I may just come around here from time to time and get some more!" You said while eating.

After clearing the Exam's second phase You and your friends fly through the starry sky toward the site of the third phase.

Netero: "I will now take the opportunity to introduce myself properly to the 42 remaining applicants. I am Netero, The chairman of the Selection Committee for this year's hunter exam. It is a pleasure to meet you all." Netero Introduced himself.

Beans: "And Im his Secretary, beans." Beans introduced himself.

Netero: "I had originally planned to make my appearance during the Exam's final phase but, well seeing as how I'm already here..." Netero says as he cuts himself off.

Netero: "I have to admit, there's nothing I love more than this feeling of tension in the air. So, I think I'll stick around for the remainder of the trip." Netero says as he laughs.

Beans: "We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning at exactly 8:00 am. You'll find dinner in the dining hall. You're also welcome to get some rest, of course. You're free to do as you please until we contact you. The evening is yours." Beans said.

Killua: "Hey come on, Y/n, Gon, let's go and explore the airship!" Killua said excitedly.

Gon: "Yeah!" Gon said to killua.

Y/n: "Sure, Why not?" You said as you ran away with Gon and Killua.