He opened the car door for me, "I told you, I want to surprise you."

"Where are we going?" I put on my seatbelt. He started the car, then gave me swift look, grinning. "What?"

He shook his head, "Nothing. I'm just happy to be with you today."

I can't help but laugh at his words.

"By the way, you look so good in that dress, Rose Anne." He smiled sincerely before focusing on the road.

Thank goodness he's driving, or he'll see my face blush. I looked away.

"Where are we going?" I asked again after a while.

He glanced at me, "Let's go see the ocean."

"Really?!" I clasped my hands together. The ocean! How long has it been since I last saw the sea?

Van is smiling as he drives, "I know a superb restaurant by the sea."

I smiled and looked outside. But then it was a wrong move---for everything started rushing through my mind.

This is why I don't like travelling when sad. My mind becomes relaxed so unwanted thoughts keep going inside my head.

"Rose Anne?"

I looked at Van, "You want to listen to music?"

"Sure," I said and reached for the car stereo.

---I know we weren't perfect but I never felt this way for no one
Oh, and I just can't imagine how you could be so okay
Now that I'm gone
I know you didn't mean
What you wrote in that song about me---

Clearing his throat, Van turned it off. "Let's play something else from my phone."

I nodded.

He handed me his phone, "Choose the song."

I opened his music app, then seconds later, we're both singing our hearts out to The Script's songs.

Why does The Script sound so calming when you're feeling down???

---Van's POV

I want this girl to be happy.

Rose Anne's hair ruffled behind her as the cold sea breeze blew towards us. We are both standing by the beach, we just had eaten our fill at the seafood restaurant (we arrived at lunchtime). She said she wanted to watch the waves.

I stepped closer to her, and I began to reach out for her hand. But I stopped halfway, as I see the look in her eyes.

She's just trying hard not to show she's in pain.

"Rose Anne..." I called, and she looked at me with a small smile. "Do you want to try boating? There's a boat rental a few minutes walk from here."

Her face brightened, "Let's do that!" She walked first.

I jogged up to her and caught her hand. She looked at me, and smiled. She did not object when I held her hand.

'SEE THE WAVES UP CLOSE, WAVE GOODBYE TO YOUR WORRIES: CALIYA BOAT RENTAL'

A cheerful middle-aged man greeted us upon entering the hut where the boatsmen are resting. "Hello, Miss Beautiful and Mister Handsome! Renting a boat?"

"Why else would they be here, eh, to rent a car? Tsk, tsk," an elderly woman said. She's weaving a mat out of coconut leaves.

The man laughed, then led us to the area where banca boats are situated. A young man, possibly in his early twenties bowed at us, and he jumped on to the helmsman place.