Forty: Shell Cottage

IM SO SORRY IT TOOK THIS LONG please forgive me :)

*Mature Content Warning*

The days between Christmas and returning to Hogwarts for the start of the new term went much slower than anyone had anticipated, especially compared to the years prior.

As soon as Christmas was over, Sirius fell back into his grumpy, sullen moods. It was likely because he was dreading the kids going back to school and being left alone in the house with no other company other than the screaming portrait of his mother and Kreacher, but his mood radiated off of him like heat from a fire and seemed to affect everyone in the house.

Everyone could tell that the kids were also starting to grow bored in the house since there wasn't much else for them to do besides play the same games and read the same books and have the same conversations.

Even Bill and Isabelle started needing little breaks away from each other as the New Year was coming up. Isabelle went out with Penelope and Fleur on two separate days, and Bill was spending more time with just his brothers or trying to cheer up Sirius. Some days even Tonks would come over to just hang out with Isabelle or tell Harry and Ron all about Auror training.

Eventually, it was the early afternoon of New Year's Eve, and Isabelle joined Hermione and Ginny in their bedroom for some 'girl time' away from Ginny's brothers and Harry for a bit.

Isabelle was sitting in front of Ginny with her legs crossed while she painted the younger girl's nails a bold Gryffindor red and Hermione sat nearby while the three talked.

"Have you made any decisions about the wedding?" Hermione asked.

Isabelle had managed to avoid talking about the wedding for the last two weeks, but of course, the questions were bound to happen eventually, so she wasn't surprised.

"Not really," Isabelle said with a shrug. "I already asked you two to be my bridesmaids, and Penelope said yes, too, and Charlie is going to be Bill's best man, but we haven't really talked about it other than that."

"We know you want to wait, but it would probably be nice in the long run to at least know what you want when the time comes," Ginny said.

"You're right. I just don't know where to start." Isabelle said.

"Well do you know where you would want to get married, or maybe what season?" Hermione asked.

Isabelle thought for a moment. "Bill mentioned getting married at the Burrow outside, and it's really beautiful during the summer. I think that would be nice."

"Oh, Mum would love that," Ginny said. "I just know you're going to pick really nice dresses for us, Iz."

"I was thinking about just letting you three pick whatever style you like and just have them be the same color, but we haven't even decided on a color scheme yet. I never realized how much went into having a wedding until I actually have to plan one." Isabelle said.

"Maybe you should think more about the things you don't want," Hermione suggested. "Like are there any traditions you want to avoid?"

"The garter toss thing definitely isn't happening," Isabelle said without hesitation.

"Why not?" Ginny asked, though she was already starting to suppress a laugh.

"Because I'm not letting your brother put his face up my dress in front of your entire family, Gin," Isabelle said, and the two other girls could no longer control their laughter at the thought.

"What are we laughing about?" They heard a voice ask, and they turned to see that Fred and George had appeared in the room.

"Garters," Isabelle mumbled, her face still red from the conversation.