Forty Four: Valentine's Day

I published this chapter a few days ago but I didn't like it so I took it down. I meant to just do a quick edit but here we are with an extra (and better?) 2k words for anyone who already read it :)

*Mature Content Warning*
*TW: short, vague (?) mention of abuse*

When the couple woke up a bit late the following morning, Bill's arms were still firmly wrapped around Isabelle and held her close, as if even in his sleep he was afraid to let her go.

"Good morning, darling," Bill said softly as he watched her eyes open slowly and adjust to the morning light.

"Good morning," Isabelle smiled.

Bill cupped her face gently with his hand and pulled her into a kiss, which she happily returned for a long while.

When she went to pull away from their kiss, he continued to bring her back in until they were both laughing against each other's lips.

"I missed this," Bill said, wrapping his arms back around her waist and resting his head against her chest.

Isabelle moved a hand into his hair and ran her fingers through it gently. "I missed you," she said. "Though I don't understand why you were sleeping on the sofa instead of the guest room downstairs."

"I did, actually, on the first night. But I hated waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you weren't next to me, just empty space," Bill said.

"You could have just joined me up here, you know."

Bill let out a quiet sigh. "When I left that night, I went to the Burrow. We'd never fought before and I didn't know what to do, so I thought I would ask Mum and Dad, and they told me to just give you some space."

Isabelle nodded in understanding. "I really am sorry, Bill. I was just so frustrated with everything and I didn't mean to take it out on you."

"I understand, Iz. And I shouldn't have yelled at you for accepting the potion when it's something that can help you," Bill said. "And I'm sorry for overreacting about everything with Snape."

"Trust me, darling, you should never have to worry about losing me to someone like Severus Snape. You two aren't even comparable," Isabelle said.

Bill smiled softly and kissed her again, letting it linger for several moments.

"I love you so much, Isabelle," Bill said after pulling away.

"I love you, too," Isabelle smiled.

"So is it okay for me to assume that you still want to marry me?" Bill asked hopefully.

"Of course. I've never been more sure about anything, and some silly disagreement isn't going to change that," Isabelle said.

"Mrs. Isabelle Weasley. I don't think I could ever get tired of that."

Isabelle giggled softly. "What if I wanted to keep my last name?"

"Then you could do that and I would fully support it," Bill shrugged.

"You could always change yours. Mr. William Clarke," Isabelle said.

Bill chuckled. "My brothers would never let that one go."

"They definitely wouldn't," Isabelle said with a grin. "Lucky for you, I'm more than happy to be a Weasley."

They spent the morning talking while completely wrapped in each other's arms as if making up for the lost time that week until they had to visit Grimmauld Place for another Order meeting after several more Death Eaters escaped from Azkaban earlier in the week.