Forty Three: For Better & For Worse

Special announcement at the end!

That Monday morning, it was finally time for the term to begin and for Isabelle to return to Hogwarts every day.

"Are you sure we can't just stay here?" Bill mumbled that morning as Isabelle moved out of his arms to get up and get ready for the day.

"We can't take off work just because you don't feel like getting out of bed, we'll both get fired," Isabelle said as she picked out her clothes from the closet.

"That would be wonderful, then we could stay here and cuddle all day," Bill said.

Isabelle laughed and shook her head. "Until we run out of money."

"Minor details," Bill grinned from where he still laid in bed.

Isabelle rolled her eyes and left him where he was to take a shower and get ready to go back to Hogwarts.

While she missed being able to see the students and teach the classes, she was actually dreading returning to the school. She knew as soon as the term started, she was once again stuck under the overbearing eyes of Umbridge and all of her ridiculous 'Educational Decrees'.

Once Isabelle was showered and dressed, she found Bill in their bedroom but now out of bed and just finishing buttoning up his shirt. It was the same purple shirt that she had mentioned when they talked about their wedding, the same one that fit a bit tighter than his others around his chest and upper arms.

"Really? I should have never told you about that shirt," Isabelle said from the doorway, and he turned to look at her with a large smirk.

"What a shame," Bill said, brushing by her through the doorway. "Maybe now you'll come home early and get rid of it for me," he added with a wink.

Soon enough, it was time for him to see her off before he had to go to work himself.

When Isabelle arrived at Hogwarts, she was quickly put to work with Professor Flitwick to prepare the Charms classes for the new term.

By lunch, Harry was already complaining to Isabelle about the fact that members of the D.A. were steadily asking him when the next meeting would be and if it would be that night.

Luckily, they knew better than to ask Isabelle about it because of how often she was being watched. She heard that Umbridge had plans to start watching over every Divination and Care of Magical Creatures class starting soon, and Isabelle couldn't figure out when she was meant to have the time to teach her own classes (not that there was really any actual teaching happening in Defense Against the Dark Arts).

The day went by far too slowly, and eventually, it did end after several long classes, but Isabelle wasn't too excited to get out of the classroom either. She had promised Bill that she would go to Dumbledore, and now it was time to do so before he would be out of his office for dinner.

Isabelle made her way to Dumbledore's office and gave the password, making her way upstairs and waiting until she heard his voice telling her to come in.

"Miss Clarke," Dumbledore said with his usual small smile as he looked at her over his glasses. "Please, sit. Tea?"

"No thank you, Professor," Isabelle said as she sat in the chair across from his desk.

"I'm sure you had a lovely break, having moved into a new home," he said.

"Of course. It was wonderful."

"So what do I owe the pleasure, dear?" Dumbledore asked.

"Well, I know it's probably a bit silly, and you have much bigger things to worry about, but, um, well Bill thought it would be best to ask-"