Three: Christmas Ornaments

The next morning, Isabelle decided to sleep in a little. Sleeping in was a rare occurrence for Isabelle at Hogwarts, even on weekends, because of classes, homework, and the overall rowdiness of living with Gryffindors. She also couldn't fathom getting out of bed when she was so warm and comfortable underneath the homemade quilts and blankets.

Isabelle thought it would be weird sleeping in Charlie's room, but she hardly thought about it because he had taken most of his belongings with him to Romania, save for a few Gryffindor ties and Quidditch gear piled in the corner. Isabelle agreed that Harry was a brilliant seeker, but sometimes she missed playing with Charlie in her earlier years when she began as a chaser.

Around ten, she began to get restless and decided to get out of bed. She didn't feel like changing out of her pajamas and just threw on a jumper. She brushed through her hair quickly, trying to make herself at least somewhat presentable, before opening the bedroom door.

As soon as she stepped out, she ran into something solid. A pair of strong hands held onto her upper arms to keep her from falling. She looked up to see it was Bill, in some casual sweats and his hair down and resting on his shoulders. Damn, he even looked good when he wasn't trying.

"Careful," Bill chuckled lightly, still holding onto her.

His gaze and hold on her both lingered for a few moments before quickly pulling away and clearing his throat. "Um, after you."

Isabelle nodded, now blushing profusely, and made her way downstairs with Bill following her a moment later. When Isabelle reached the kitchen, she noticed that the rest of the family had the same idea she did. The twins, Percy and Arthur sat around the table chatting about school and work at the Ministry while Molly was serving breakfast, all still in their nightclothes. Isabelle placed herself next to Percy and joined in on the conversation, which had just changed to the twins talking about Quidditch. Bill sat across from her, and the two continued to glance at each other without the other ever noticing.

Isabelle spent the day recounting in her head the events of the night before and that morning. She didn't know why she was thinking about Bill Weasley so much. Sure she had always found him attractive just like everyone else, and she had known him for years, but there was something about spending so much time with him that made her feel different and weird. She doubted he shared those feelings, though.

Meanwhile, Bill couldn't stop glancing, and occasionally caught himself staring, at her throughout the day. He was thoroughly embarrassed by his actions that morning, she must have thought he was a total creep. Bill had always thought she was rather pretty, and noticed as she grew to become beautiful as a young woman. Not really an intimidating, Veela-like beautiful, but in a way that was warm and welcoming. He enjoyed listening to her go on about school, Quidditch, muggle stuff, and just about anything she was passionate about. Her laugh gave him butterflies in the pit of his stomach. He didn't understand it. He doubted she shared those feelings, though.

"I was thinking we could bring in the Christmas tree and decorate it today. That's the last bit of decorating we have left and we thought it best to wait for you lot to come home to help," Molly said cheerfully after everyone finished their breakfast.

Isabelle's face lit up in excitement but the twins groaned in unison.

"And because I'm going to assume that Fred and George have been working hard studying for their O.W.Ls this year, instead of making them drag it in, Bill and Percy can bring it in with magic instead," Molly added, eyeing the twins as their faces lit up.

"Of course, Mum," Fred smirked.

"We wouldn't think of doing anything else," George elbowed his brother in the side.