Sixty: More Promises

*Mature Content Warning*

The week went by much better than Isabelle had anticipated thanks to the pain potion she received from Molly, as did the following weeks leading to the end of August.

She spent most of her time helping out Fred and George at the joke shop since business has been booming, especially since students are preparing to return to Hogwarts, or with the rest of Bill's family at the Burrow and his days off relaxing at home, enjoying the time she had before she had to return to work.

The time flew by until it was the night before students and teachers would be returning to Hogwarts when Isabelle and Bill were at the Burrow, helping Molly, Arthur, and the kids prepare for the next day.

While Bill was downstairs spending time with his parents after dinner, Isabelle was sitting on Ginny's bed with her and Hermione, helping fold her weekend clothes and put them neatly in her trunk.

"Harry said they won't let you teach Defense Against the Dark Arts," Hermione said.

"Well, even if I could teach it, Professor Snape has been wanting that position for years and I don't think it would be very fair if I took it," Isabelle said, setting a shirt down in the trunk.

"I can't believe Dumbledore even trusts him enough to teach it," Ginny grumbled. "At least Potions isn't going to be my least favorite class anymore."

"So what will you be doing this year?" Hermione asked.

"Helping Professor McGonagall again this year with Transfiguration, mostly, like last year," she said.

"Aren't you tired of just being an aid? How come you can't just have your own classes?" Ginny asked as she snapped the locks on her trunk and moved it off of the bed onto the floor with a heavy thud.

Isabelle shrugged. "I don't mind just helping out, and there's no open positions right now. Plus, with Transfiguration, I'll be teaching classes by myself more often because Professor McGonagall will be so busy with war stuff."

"If there was an open Potions position, why didn't you ask for it? I'm sure Dumbledore would have saved himself some trouble and give it to you," Hermione said.

"I couldn't teach Potions because I don't know enough about them, but I've heard that Professor Slughorn is a good teacher," Isabelle explained.

"I hope so," Hermione mumbled, and Ginny nodded in agreement.

"You shouldn't worry about these sorts of things, just be excited that we're going back tomorrow," Isabelle said. "Professor Dumbledore I'm sure has his reasons for things and if not, Hogwarts is still the safest place for all of us to be right now."

Both girls were quiet for a bit until Ginny looked at Isabelle.

"Are you scared?" Ginny asked quietly.

"I am a bit, yeah," Isabelle admitted. "I know things are going to get worse before they get better, and the Ministry and Order are doing everything they can. I just worry about everyone, like you two and the rest of your family."

"Is that why you come around so often while Bill's at work?" Hermione asked.

Isabelle nodded. "Of course I love spending time with all of you, but it's also nice knowing that you're safe here, and it helps distract me from the fact that Bill's not so safe at work. I know he can handle himself if something happens, but..."