Twelve: The Quidditch World Cup

A/N: Not me editing published chapters bc i keep getting the timeline wrong oop

Even earlier in the morning than the day before, Isabelle woke up to the sounds of excited chatter, heavy footsteps, and a few grumbles of complaint that easily echoed through the house. Isabelle couldn't even see the sun that had yet to rise as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Bill?" She said quietly.

She received a low groan as a response from the ginger man next to her. Bill's arm was wrapped around her firmly and he pulled her closer, not opening his eyes.

"I think everyone's awake." Isabelle said, attempting to free herself from his hold in vain.

"So? We're apparating, we don't have to be up yet." Bill mumbled.

"Well maybe I want to take the Portkey with the others." Isabelle said. She didn't, but she knew it would get his attention.

Bill's eyes opened and he propped himself up on his elbow, looking down at her. "Absolutely not. I can't be here while you're off hanging out with buff Quidditch players."

Isabelle just rolled her eyes and moved his arm off of her, causing him to pout like a child. Isabelle got out of bed while Bill grumbled in protest.

"If you aren't up by the time I'm done changing, you aren't getting anymore kisses." Isabelle said, leaving the room. Isabelle heard a faint 'Okay I'm up' from the room behind her as she walked away smirking.

Isabelle soon found out after she was dressed and downstairs that it was barely four a.m. when Arthur woke up the younger Weasleys. She also learned that the excited talking she heard earlier was entirely from Arthur and Molly, even though she would be staying home. The rest of the children were all grumpy and tired, and the tension only rose as Molly accio-ed dozens of Ton-Tongue Toffees from Fred and George's pockets. However, the woman still remained pretty cheerful given the time.

"Good morning, Isabelle. The girls said you were still fast asleep when Arthur knocked on the door. Coffee?" Molly said, handing her a steaming mug.

"Yes, please." Isabelle said, happily taking the mug from her. Isabelle glanced over at Ginny and Hermione, shooting them a silent 'thank you' look for covering for her and Bill. They hadn't done anything other than just sleep in the same bed, but they didn't want to have that conversation with his mother.

Arthur was telling them about how they would have to walk to the hill where the portkey was and that they would be meeting with another family while they got the last bits of their belongings together in their backpacks.

Bill came downstairs a few minutes after Isabelle, looking as unhappy to be awake as the rest of his siblings. Charlie was already there, too, but he looked more excited than anything. She knew Percy would still be in bed and figured it was for the best.

It wasn't long before they took off into the chilly morning air in order to be there by five, when it was scheduled to leave, leaving Isabelle and the older brothers alone at the Burrow. It was the first time in days that the house was quiet.

Isabelle was cleaning her coffee mug in the sink when she felt Bill's arms wrap around her shoulders from behind her and his face rest against her shoulder.

"Let's go back to bed." He whispered next to her ear.

Isabelle giggled softly. "Sorry, Bill. There's no way I'll be able to fall asleep again."

"You don't have to be asleep to lay with me." He pointed out.

"Your mum will know. Absolutely not." Isabelle said, pulling away from him to put away her mug in the cupboard.