T̶h̶i̶r̶t̶y̶-̶E̶i̶g̶h̶t̶

Micara was asleep

Micara was asleep. Today was the day of her departure to go home. She was happy but a little sad that she'd be leaving her sister. She wanted Jasper more though, no doubt about that. 

"You'll miss your flight! Wake up Micara!" Maria shouted worriedly, barging into her sisters room.

Micara jumped out of her dream, falling out of her bed and banging her head on the side of her cabinet. 

"Ow," Micara winced looking up at her sister who had now frozen.

Maria had her red eyes glued to the side of her sisters head as a little trickle of blood made its way down her head. Maria removed herself from the situation just in case and left Micara to wonder what the hell happened. But she too smelled the blood and raced to her mirror and gasped when she saw the cut caused from falling out of her bed had made. Micara ran to her bathroom and grabbed a gauze from the drawer and dabbed it. 

It looked like it needed more then a plaster, stitches maybe, she didn't exactly know what to do. Carlisle would know! She ran to her phone and tried to find his number from when the Cullens had tried calling her when she disappeared in the woods. She sighed when she saw his name next to the number. Instead of risking everything by calling him, Micara texted him instead.

Micara:
Don't tell Jasper because he's an overprotective fool
 but I cut my head open because I fell out of bed.
It looks pretty bad, what should I do?

Carlisle replied in seconds.

Carlisle:
What do you mean bad? I gather it's bleeding?

Micara:
Yes, Will I need stitches?

Carlisle:
Could you send me a picture so I know what We're dealing with?

Micara did so and he said it might. Clearly she couldn't go to a hospital because they'd want to do some checks on her first and they'd wonder why she wasn't bleeding as much as a human would to this sort of injury. Carlisle told her to apply a bandage on it till she arrived back in Canada, then he'd sort it. She thanked him, then did as he told. 

"I'm sorry," Maria said, appearing behind her.

"It's alright, I've got it," Micara smiled.

...

"You've got everything you need, yes?" Maria asked her sister.

"Yeah," Micara nodded.

"Let me do your hair," Maria said sitting the girl down.

Micara sat and let Maria braid her hair, the two staying quiet within this time. For the past seven days Micara had been wondering why Maria was being kind to her, along with Nettie and Lucy, she wanted to gather the guts to say it but every time she tried to, she was say something else because she was worried for her sister's reaction. 

"Why are you being nice to me?" Micara spurted out, covering her mouth immediately.

Maria paused brushing her sisters locks, she thought for a second.

"Because I want a proper family relationship with you," Maria replied.

"Really?" Micara gasped, not believing her ears.

"Yes, I've really liked having you here," Maria mumbled.

Not good at showing feelings, that reminded Micara of Jasper. She was so happy she was going back to him but slightly sad she was leaving her sister. Though of course she'd choose Jasper over Maria any day.

"Will you be coming back after you graduate?" Maria wondered, finishing her sister's hair.

Micara bit her lip. If she said no, Maria might get angry, but she was going home today anyway, but what if Maria didn't let her go? If she said yes then Jasper would be broken. He might be upset that she left him for the person that hurt him, it would cut him deeper then any scar had. 

"Let's decided when I get there," Micara sighed standing up.

"Very well," Maria smiled.

Micara grabbed her bags and put her shoulder bag on her shoulder. She looked out into her room again, finding it strangely comfortable and welcoming. She sighed and shut the door, walking back to her sister who was holding the front door open for her sisters departure. Micara stopped in front of it and looked at her older sister.

"I'll try to text you occasionally," Maria told.

"Ok," Micara said awkwardly.

Maria suddenly put her arms around Micara, a hug. Micara froze slightly and felt like crying. Micara couldn't remember the last time she got hugged by her. It felt so good to be hugged by another family member again. The last person in her family to hug her was her father, Samson Hanson. 

"Have fun in Canada," Maria goodbyed and kissed her sisters head.

"Bye,"