O̶n̶e̶

.

Micara Agnes Hanson was used to insults

Micara Agnes Hanson was used to insults. She was used to the names and the abuse, but nobody was used to her positivity. No matter what, Micara was filled with smiles, and the smile always hid the true way she felt. She felt abandoned by her only family she had left. Maria Ann Hanson, the head of the Mexican newborn coven, hated her sister for one reason and one reason only, she was different.

Maria and Micara are blood sisters. They shared the same parents. How you ask, when Maria got turned at 19, she went back and bit her father. Their father then seduced their mother and Micara was birthed a month later. Sadly, their mother passed away from not being able to handle the pain she went through whilst pregnant. Their Father took care of them both, until Micara had reached the looks of an eighteen year old, and Maria killed him.

Maria had hopes of training her sister and making her strong enough to fight, but Micara would always refuse. Truth be told, Maria was scared of her sister because she had never encountered a half-breed before. The other thing was that Maria had to be careful because the Volturi were after Micara, only for her power though.

Micara was one of the most powerful vampires in existence. Micara had something called mind warp. She could control anything and anyone with her mind and many times Maria had told Micara to use it to kill, but the half-breed didn't want to. 

Micara was singing, sitting on the window ledge and looking up to the stars that filled the night sky.

"Your voice makes my ears bleed Micara," Maria shushed her, looking up from her phone.

"I'm sorry Maria," Micara apologised sincerely, shutting up and looking to the ground.

"How many times have I told you to shut up recently? Seriously it gets annoying," Maria continued her scold.

"I really am sorry," Micara winced, not wanting to annoy her sister.

"You better be," The older sister said skimming through pictures on her phone.

Micara sighed and walked over to her bed. She landed on it with yet another bored sigh before pulling out a book and reading the first page. Micara didn't feel like reading so she looked around for something to do.

"Maria? Do you mind if I use a page?" Micara asked showing her sister her drawing pad,

"Sure, I gotta go out now, make sure the newborns are behaving," Maria told, "Don't do anything stupid,"

"Maria," Micara started, "You know newborns are still people right? They're not animals,"

"I know that," Maria frowned crossing her arms over her chest, not seeing the point. 

"Then why are you acting like they are?" Micara asked.

Maria sped over to her sister and grabbed her by the throat. She didn't understand why her sister thought she had some sort of idea of what was going on. In Maria's mind, newborns were creatures made to fight. They didn't have feelings, they only had battle. So Micara speaking out angered her.

"You don't know anything Micara. You're half human, which means you have half the knowledge I do. Which means you're dumb, which also means, you don't have the right to question me," Maria hissed.

"I'm Sorry!" The younger Hanson cried out and her sister dropped her.

"There's leftovers in the microwave," Maria seethed, then left her sister to sit in shock.

Maria left and Micara didn't know what to do. The silence overtook her other senses, so she just sat there and took it all in.