T̶h̶i̶r̶t̶y̶-̶T̶w̶o̶

Everything was peaceful

Everything was peaceful. The Cullen house was calm. The night had an eerie ring to it but Micara felt as if she was the only one to notice it. She was tucked up under some duvets, against Jasper's chest, his arms around her. She felt like she had no need to be afraid of the night, and object that couldn't hurt her, she was never afraid of the dark since she had spend half her life in it. She shifted in his arms, turning to face him.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah," She mumbled into his neck.

"Somethings bothering you?" He wondered, knowing something was.

"Yeah, but I don't know what," She whispered, her breath tickling his neck.

"Want me to get rid of it?" He offered.

"Please," She sighed, feeling satisfaction almost immediately.

She tucked her head into his neck, taking in some of his sent, calming her further. Jasper stroked her head, her soft curls being moved slightly. She fell asleep in Jasper's arms, not hearing her phone buzz as someone sent her a text.

...

Jasper gently woke Micara up to get ready for school.

"No," She mumbled, hugging the duvet closer.

Jasper smiled then lifted her over his shoulder. She managed to grab the duvet with her, she wasn't worried about Jasper and the way he was holding her, she trusted him with her life. Micara's eyes were still shut, even when he took her to the kitchen, and everyone laughed. 

"Micara!" Rosalie laughed .

"She wont get up. Guess she'll have to go into school in her pink pyjamas," Jasper chuckled.

"Better then normal clothes," Micara yawned, "Ok, I'm up, you can put me down now,"

Jasper gently get her on her feet and she took an apple Rose offered her. She jogged upstairs again and took an outfit Rose got for her, and put it on, holding the apple in her mouth the whole time she was dressing. She put on her ankle boots and raced down the stairs again, though Rosalie stopped her to sort her hair. It seemed like Micara would be going to school in pigtails. 

Micara took a bite out of the granny smith apple and swallowed. 

"Are you ridin' with me today?" Jasper asked her.

She nodded and continued to eat. Micara grabbed her coat, with her purse, and left the house.

"Bye Carlisle and Esme!" She shouted then Jasper started to drive.

Micara looked out of the window, but Jasper took her hand making her look at him but he was looking out of the windscreen, making her chuckle at his act. She smiled at him when she saw his own smirk. Micara sighed and pulled out her phone to check the time. She pressed the on button and her phone lit up but she had a notification. It was a text from her sister. Micara's smile dropped and Jasper glanced at her, reading her emotions.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'll tell you in a second, lemme read this," She frowned opening the text.

Maria:
Thursday 30th September- Thursday 7th October.

"She sent me the dates," Micara clarified, "30th and 7th,"

Jasper winced slightly. "It's gonna be ok,"

Micara clenched her jaw when replying.

Micara:
Ok, thanks! <3

Jasper pulled up into the school and Micara got out, putting her hood up because of the slight drizzle. A frown was still on her face. Jasper noticed and took her hand, hoping to soothe her, it did, slightly, but it didn't stop the mental pain she was going through. Soon the others pulled up, Rosalie's red convertible slid in next to Jasper's car. 

"Cara, what's wrong?" Rose asked hopping out of her car and shutting the door.

"Complications," Micara responded before leaving the gang and walking to her first lesson alone, with her arms crossed.

"Hey Micara!" Issy shouted walking up to her.

Micara smiled slightly at the human girl. 

"Hello Issy," Micara hummed.

"Happy Monday!" Issy smiled gleefully.

"Yeah, Happy," Micara said under her breath so Issy didn't hear.

"What did you do on the weekend?" Issy wondered.

"It was Jasper's birthday on Sunday so on Saturday me and Rosalie went shopping," Micara sighed.

"Aw cool!" Issy chuckled, "When's your birthday?"

"2nd of October," Micara winced.

"Hey, are you alright?" Issy asked pulling Micara to the side of the hallway.

"Yeah," Micara nodded, faking a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"No you're not," Issy deadpanned.

"Issy, I don't wanna talk about it," Micara whispered.

"That's ok, I'm always here for you. Just so you know," Issy promised holding Micara's hand and walking her to her first class.

"Thanks," Micara nodded.

...

Lunch was like it was everyday. Amusing thanks to Emmett. Jasper had told them everything and Micara was grateful for that, she couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to speak about her like that. Everyone hated the fact that Micara wasn't happy, that's why Emmett was being a dork and trying to make her laugh. She chuckled once and that wasn't normal for her, they all noticed. And all disliked it.

...

Micara went back to her own flat after school. Jasper dropped her off, he was worried about her, no doubt about it. Micara got into her flat and slammed the door, Jasper hearing it from the car park. He sighed and thought of some way, any way to make her better. Micara cleaned her cut on her hand and wrapped it up in another bandage. She sat on her sofa and flicked through the Tv channels, not finding anything entertaining, she went to her room. 

Jasper thought and thought. Then he got it.