T̶w̶o̶

Micara felt useless

Micara felt useless. She never did anything wrong to her sister yet here she was getting abused by her. Yet she still smiled. She walked to the kitchen and pulled out a slice of pizza from the microwave and heated it up. She moved to the living room and turned on the Tv. Nothing good was on but she was bored so she looked to see what was going on in Mexico.

The news was very boring. She wished she could travel the world. See amazing sights! But she was stuck here. With her abusive sister. Though she wouldn't give up. She can't. She's gone so far to give up now. Micara Agnes Hanson was born to be brave and fearless. She saw no such thing as failure.

"I know," Maria giggled from inside the house, shutting the door, "Yeah of course,"

"Um, Maria?" Micara asked making Maria zoom in front of her sister.

"Be quiet. I have a -friend round. Watch Tv fairly loud and don't disturb me," She smiled but she had an edge in her eyes.

"Um, ok," Micara agreed and sat herself on the sofa putting on a film and turning up the volume

Micara wasn't stupid. Maria and whoever was downstairs with her were going to.. Maybe break the sofa. Micara grimaced. This was stupid. She wasn't eight years old. She was eighteen. Maria didn't even let Micara go out. It was like torture. Bored of the film, Micara turned off the Tv, immediately regretting it. The horrible sounds coming from downstairs made Micara cringe so much that she turned on some random music and grabbed some paper and drew the first thing that came to mind.

She ended with something really pretty, that would be ruined if colour was added. She was so proud of the drawing that she pinned it up over her bed.

 She was so proud of the drawing that she pinned it up over her bed

Micara loved drawing. She loved expressing herself with different ideas. Her father used to call her creative.

With a yawn, Micara picked herself off of the floor and moved over to her bed, leaving the music still on and climbed into bed. She was tired and needed sleep. She shut her eyes and instantly fell into a slumber.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶

The next morning, Maria was the one to wake up her sister.

"I seduced a vampire to give me the money to get you outta here!" Maria smiled triumphantly, as if having sex with any man she saw was the answer to everything.

"Wait what?" Micara asked groggily.

Maria grabbed Micara's ear and tugged it.

"I said I seduced a vampire to give me the money to get you away from me!" She repeated, yelling slightly into her little sister's ear.

"Ow," The younger Hanson whined

"Stop whining you ungrateful coward. You should be thanking me," Maria seethed throwing the girl out of her bed.

Micara cried out as she landed on her knees and grazed them.

"Pack your bags little one, Your going to Canada!" Maria exclaimed, "Finally! I wont have to put up with your little bratty episodes!"

"When do I leave?" Micara asked a little too excitedly, wiping the grime off her knees.

"Today! I'm not letting you stay here, under my roof, wasting my time!" Maria told putting her hands on her hips.

"Ok, but how will I get there?" Micara wondered

"Are you stupid, or dumb? Aeroplane Micara and because I'm such a nice sister, you'll be going first class," Maria giggled ushering her sister to pack.

Micara did so, she packed some of her skirts, trousers, leggings, dresses, crop tops and Belly tops, her socks, shoes, and boots. She crammed mot of her clothes into a large suit case and some in a backpack. She brought along a little makeup and a hairbrush along with toiletries.

"Maria? Where will I be staying?" Micara asked her sister

"You really think I'm stupid enough to let you go around on the streets? I got you a flat already Micara, now hurry!" Maria hissed.

Micara flinched at her sisters tone and walked down the stairs, but on the last step, her suitcase buckle broke and all of the content inside fell out.

"You're a little Brat Micara! You're Useless!" Maria shouted hitting her sisters hand like a child and mother.

Micara flinched and kneeled to pick her clothes up. It hurt and it wasn't just the sting that came from her hand or the soreness around her throat from the other day, it was the verbal abuse she got from her sister and her friends Nettie and Lucy that hurt. Just on cue,

"Maria were here for the brats departure part-" Lucy giggled opening the house door and immediately stopped.

"I'm happy you're here girls," Maria smiled, "Micara, I know I'm like a queen to you but there's no need to bow by my feet,"

Micara whimpered as she got up and the older girls laughed. Micara shut her bag again and moved over to the front door where the three older vampires would walk her to the airport.

Just as they left the house Maria and the other girls took their fair share of Micara's bags.

"You need all the energy you can get to move countries, that way you'll stay in Canada longer!" Maria told.

It didn't get long to get to the airport. Even though the girls walked there, it only took around half an hour. It was good timing as Micara's flight was around twenty minutes later. Maria, Nettie and Lucy walked the half-breed up to the terminal and gave her the luggage.

"Do have fun! I hope you like it there because I really don't want you back," Maria sighed, being  honest for the first time in forever.

"Can't you come with me?" Micara asked with tears in her eyes.

She had never been away from her sister, or even on her own. Maria was Micara's only family left and she didn't wanna leave anymore. Yes, the abuse was horrible, but it was her sister that she would be leaving, and that felt horrible to think about being alone. 

"No you little wimp. Get on the plane!" Maria hissed pushing her to the entrance.

So Micara did. She entered the aircraft and took a seat in first class. She slid her bags under her seat and plugged her headphones into her tablet and listened to some music as some turbulence surrounded the plane as it took off into the air.

To say Micara was scared, was such an understatement.