~ THE HOWLER ~

The next day we all had terrible hangovers and we stayed in our rooms for the rest of the weekend.

Monday came too fast, I sadly got ready and went to the Great Hall with Draco.

The group had breakfast then hundreds of owls came and dropped off the mail.

I saw my mom's black eagle fly towards me with a red envelope.

Fuck.

"Oh shit, you got a howler!" Theo teased me, I sighed and waited for the letter to fall into my hands. Once it did, I slowly opened the seal.

"Geia sou agápi mou. mou leípeis. lypámai pou den ímoun i kalýteri mamá ta teleftaía énteka chrónia."

(Hi honey. I miss you. I'm sorry I haven't been the best mom for the past eleven years.)

"den tha synchoríso poté ton eaftó mou, allá thélo na alláxo. taxidévo stin Elláda gia na prospathíso na xekiníso mia schési me tin aderfí sou. stamátisa na píno."

( I will never forgive myself, but I want to change. I am taking a trip to Greece to try and start a relationship with your sister. I've stopped drinking.)

"Ílpiza na értheis? kai an thélete na férete tous fílous sas, thélo na gíno kalýteros tóra kai ennoó."

(I was hoping that you would come? and if you do please feel free to bring your friends, i want to be a better person now and I mean it.)

The letter tore itself up into shreds, I couldn't stop the smile that made his way to my face.

She's really changed?

And she's going to meet Eysis?

I can come! Oh I miss her so much.

I can't lie, I'm a little nervous, does she really mean it?

I turned to my friends who looked confused. "Don't worry about it, that was my mom."

I said offering them a small smile. I have to send her a letter before I tell them. Since her bird is here I should send the letter now.

"Darci" I called out to the bird, he flew over and purged himself on my arm Draco flinched at how close the main looking bird was.

"Sorry" I muttered, "He won't hurt you. Just don't make eye contact with him."

I turned to the bird while grabbing a piece of parchment and a quill out my bag.

"tha sas grápso mia epistolí gia na steílete. Meíne edó"

(I am going to write a letter for you to send. Stay here)

I ordered the bird.

Mother,
Nice to hear from you. I'm very pleased to hear that you have changed. I hope you mean what you say, especially for Eysis. I wouldn't be too sure on forming a relationship with her right away, she has your attitude. Anyways, when are you planning to travel? I hope you stay sober. I'm proud of you.
Love always,
zelé (jellybean)

I sealed the letter shut and tied into the bird. "páre to sti mitéra mou" (take this to my mother please)

The bird flew away, I turned to Draco. "God, my hand hurts. I haven't written in greek in a while."

I complained while shaking my sore hand out. They all just looked at me not saying anything.

"What?" I said while eating my cereal."Where did your accent go?" Draco said.

My accent?

Oh.

I laughed, "Well I guess I had been talking in Greek more I guess my real accent has come out."

"Real accent?" Pansy asked.

I sighed and used the british accent, "Yea, I was born in Mykonos Greece. I lived there until I was 11, then I came to Hogwarts.

I didn't want people to make fun of me so I faked a British accent.

Over time I got used to it and it became easier, but when I speak Greek more it gets harder to hide."

"So you're not from London?" Blaise asked shocked. I should my head, "Nope."

"Anyways" I said, "Let's go to class or we are gonna be late."

We all got up and made our way out of the Great Hall. Draco and I were in the back.

"Love" he said while wrapping his arm around my waist. "You know you don't have to fake your accent anymore right?"

I looked at him, "What do you mean?" "Well no one will make fun of you anymore, and if they do I'll take care of it. So what I'm trying to say is, if you like using your real accent then please do. I personally love it so fucking much." 

I blushed and let my voice come naturally, "Really?" I said as if he told me he would buy me all the food in the world.

"Really." He said with a smile, I think he likes the fact that I'm comfortable enough to use my accent with him.

"Ok!" I cheered, I was kind of tired of breaking it to be honest, sometimes it's hard to fake it.

"You do know some words are hard to understand when I say them right?" I furrowrd my brows at him, that's also one of the reasons why I learned to change my voice.

"That's fine love, it doesn't matter." He kissed the top of my head as we entered our class.

~Time Skip~

By the end of the day I was really happy and a little nervous.

People had really liked my accent and some had even said that they suspected it because I looked Greek. I laughed awkwardly at that and left as quick as I could.

The Golden trio looked shocked, I hadn't ever told them before. They were too busy worrying about themselves to care about me.

I was nervous for my mom's response. Before I could think about it longer, her bird had flown over to me with a normal letter tied to him.

She replied fast. I opened it and was thankful she had replied in Greek.

I wanted to read it before Draco peered over my shoulder.

Dear zelé,
I missed calling you that. After your question, I plan on going on Friday and staying for a month. Yes, I know it will be hard to win her over, but I will do what it takes. And I do plan on staying sober for good. I can't wait to see you again!
I love you so much,
mama

I smiled at the note, I definitely want to go but we would have to talk to McGonagall about the baby project.

"Guys." I turn to them with a huge grin.

"How would you feel about taking a one month trip to Greece with me?"