I walked again.

I could still feel him walking behind me.

Geez!

I'm so annoyed right now.

I can't believe I went to that party to---to--- I went to---check on what he's doing!

"Aish!" I messed my hair in frustration. "This is insane!"

"Sorry!" Jim said loudly. "I was---"

"Why am I so annoyed?" I whispered in frustration, Jim is standing a meter away from me, "I don't even like this guy but why am I...annoyed that he's been dirty dancing with that beech--" Then it struck me: Son of a pickle---Do I--- Do I---No! No, no, no Elise you are not interested in anyone. You're---

"Elise. Please don't be mad--"

"I told you not to follow me." I glared at him. But he just wrinkled his face and pouted even more. "Hey! Are you acting cute?! Hah! Stop it! I'm telling you, or I'll kill you!" This is insane, Inocencio looks freaking cute--argh I must go home before I could forget all my principles in life!

And before Jim can respond, I broke into a run.

I don't care if I look like an idiot now, but I just have to be as far from that chameleon as possible.

I am not yet far when a familiar car stopped by. My brother!

I opened the car door, and Lei's smiling face greeted me.

"Why is my favorite sister running at this time outside?" he said with a smile. I closed the door and laughed nervously as I see Jim almost catching up.

"Go! Let's go Lei! Quick!" I tapped his right arm.

"Woah, wait up okay? I'm speeding up, so don't hit my arm," he said chuckling.

I saw in the side mirror that Jim is still looking at my direction. Then he turned back.

Whew. I rested my back and sighed with relief.

"What happened?" Lei asked.

"Nothing important."

"Who's that guy?"

I turned to my brother in shock. "You saw him?"

"Yep. I saw him last New Year, you talked to him right?"

I could not think of an alibi.

Lei glanced at me with a teasing smile. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"Heck NO!" I implored. "What gave you that ridiculous idea?"

He chuckled, "Well, it's the first time I saw you interact with a boy... I always see you with girls."

"Tsh. That's not a reason to think he's my boyfriend," I muttered.

Thankfully Lei didn't rebutt, so I get spend the trip home thinking about what had happened in the party.

Van hitting JK straight in the face. Tsk. I really can't understand guys' minds. I took my phone and dialled Rose's number. I wonder wha happened to her that made Van angry.

A few rings and the line connected, "Hello? Rose Anne? What happened to you? I went to the party and guess who came? Van! He was fuming and went to punch Alison in the face!" The car stopped and we're home. Lei went out. "Well he kind of deserved it. That jerk. Tsh I really wanted to punch him for hurting you---"

Someone cleared his throat on the other line.

Wait. Who am I talking to? I looked at my screen and saw it's Rose's number.