Shoot. (  ರ益ರ)

Did I just mention the kiss?

I thought I was hearing crickets that's why I looked up.

Elise was staring at me open-mouthed and Jennie is frowning, clearly recalling my words.

"Wait, what?" Elise said after another moment of silence. "Kiss? Did you just... Did I hear you right? Kiss?"

"I---I said--"

Jennie tapped the table, "He kissed you?! A real---on the lips?"

I bit my lip, and slowly, I nodded.

Jennie and Elise stared at me for a fraction of a second then---

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!" They stood and jumped up and down. The students are laughing at us, some are even whispering at each other. Who wouldn't, when these two are acting like Gong Yoo had appeared in front of them.

"Ssshh!" I said, pulling them both down to their seats. "Why are you shouting?!"

"Why didn't you tell us before!" Elise said, fixing her bangs, "So you went to that level huh? Tsk, Alison better man up and take responsibility."

"What do you mean 'take responsibility'?" I said, "And for goodness' sake, lower your voice!"

Jennie leaned forward, "So he likes you then?"

"You think?"

"Well," Jennie straightened up, "some people kiss for no reason but then, your case could be different. I mean, he knows you like him..."

Elise held her chin in a thinking sort of way, "I think it's best if you ask him."

"How, when he clearly doesn't want to talk to me here in school, and at work, he's busy." I remembered Soyeon Lee. "And he's always with that girl recently."

"Girl? Who?" Elise asked.

"Soyeon. She's working with him at that bar."

"But you kissed," Jennie said all of a sudden, "you got the edge. I think you should make it apparent to that girl that JK is yours."

Elise put an arm around Jennie's shoulder. "I like that idea, Jen. But the thing is, this friend of ours is not able to think straight when Alison is there."

I grinned. What would I do? I keep thinking all sorts of things when it comes to JK.

"Talk to him, Rose." Jennie said with finality when we are in front of the building where Jennie's room is. "Do it. Get the answer straight out of him. And then based on what he'd say, think of what to do next. You can't keep yourself waiting in the shadows, wondering whether it would work out between you two." She tapped my shoulder and walked away.

I stared at Jennie's retreating back. She is so good with things like this.

So... Shall I go to The Cradle again and ask JK?

"Rose! Come on, Sue is waiting for us!" Elise shouted from the opened elevator. She had gone in not knowing I wasn't behind her.

"Okay." I ran to her, but within me a decision has formed.

I'm going to The Cradle and have a good talk with JK.

----Jim's POV

"Hey, Elise!" I am walking behind Elise who is acting like I am not existing. I think she's still angry because I didn't tell her where JK lives.

We went inside a grocery store. Elise took a cart and proceeded shopping.

"El, hey, please talk to me," I overtook her strides and walked facing her, my back on the way, so basically I'm walking in a backwards direction right now. "Elise---"