Chapter 16 - Pockey Games

[Jeff's POV]

Since I burned lunch, Masky had Robin eat a granola bar while he cooked some spaghetti.

She was looking at her feet as she nibbled on the granola bar.

I sighed and decided to snag some of Laughing Jack's candy and  walked up to Robin.

"Come on," I said, taking her hand and pulling her with me. She gasped as she walked up, catching up with me.

I sat back on the couch and pull her on my lap, making a tiny squeak come from her mouth as I coiled my arms around her waist.

She was slightly scared at the moment, I guess because I yelled at her, but she'll calm down.

I got the candy and saw it was some weird cookie stick with some brown stuff on it.

"What is this?" I mumbled, looking at it weirdly.

"Umm," she mumbled. "Its Pockey."

I looked up at her. "What the hell is that?"

"Umm... Japanese candy," she said. "B-Before Tyler turned abusive, we always ate those together. He had a friend who got a lot of them for us."

I looked at her weirdly. "What's it made out of?"

"Umm, well... It has different flavor  T-That's chocolate," she said shyly.

I looked at it weirdly. "How do you eat it? Just chip the chocolate off for something?"

"Umm, no, you... You just bite it," she said.

I frown at the stick and hand it to her. "Show me."

"Uhhh...." She said, taking the stick and then taking the white cookie part before meekly showing it at me.

"Umm... Open your mouth," she said.

I looked at her weird before parting my mouth open and she placed the strange candy in my mouth and I bit it.

I chewed it carefully (The only regret of slicing my face open is food and drinks dripping out. Ugh.)

Hmmm.... This so good.

I took the stick and ate the rest happily, and Robin softly giggled.

"What?" I said with a mouthful.

She got a nearby napkin before she dabbed it on the side of my face, realizing some food dribbling down my jawbone.

She smiled a little as she cleaned me, then frowning when she saw the blood on the napkin.

I sighed as I looked away.

"Why did they hurt you, Jeff?" She asked, looking sad.

I sighed, pulling her close. "I don't know. This world is full of nothing but monsters... Cruelty towards one another," I said.

She fiddled with her hands before she took a pockey stick and gave it to me like before and I bit it.

She then bit the other end and I look at her weirdly before I bit and then she nervously did the same.

It went on until...

Until our lips touched...

~~~~~~~~~

Picture: representing Robin and Jeff----->>