Chapter 13 - Make The Bad Dreams Go Away

[Jeff's POV]

I overheard the entire conversation.

Does she really think that way about herself?

Maybe I am being too harsh.

I went upstairs and enter the room, only to find her asleep, Laughing Jack watching her.

"What are you trying to do, scare her to death?!" I whispered loudly.

"Nope. I'm probably gonna leave that to your temper," he snickered.

"Fuck you," I snapped.

Laughing Jack just got up and skipped out, then stopped.

"She has a weak heart, you know. There's a lot going on with her, its a surprise she can even stand," he said. "Which means its an advantage for her."

I turned and pushed him out. "She'll be decapitated if she even lays a finger on my prisoner," I sneered.

"You don't call lovers 'prisoners' unless you mean of your heart, and you're is just a clump of rock candy," he laughed, and back flipped out the room.

I sighed and closed the door, sitting at the edge of the bed, looking at Robin.

She looked dead every time she fell asleep.

I sigh and thought of something to do, when Smile Dog trotted in, Sally on his back with some dried flowers and Charlie the bear in her hands.

"Hi Jeff," she smiled as she then climbed down.

"What are those?" I asked.

"Flowers for Robin, so she can feel happy," Sally smiled, placing them next to Robin's sleeping form.

"What are you doing here?" She asked curiously.

I sigh. "Learning.... Or at least trying," I said.

Next thing I know I hear a small whimper and look to see Robin moving a little, a scared look in her face as she slept.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I think she's having a bad dream," Sally said worriedly.

"What do I do?" I asked.

She thought for a second, then jumped.

"Oh! When my brother got bad dreams, my mommy would hold him and hug him like a teddy bear until he was okay and they fell asleep hugging!" She said.

I looked a little confused at her before sighing and lying down, pulling Robin into my arms and hugging her as she cried in her sleep, and then she went still and her breathing was even.

"Whoa... It worked," I said, seeing she looked calm again.

Sally smiled and threw a blanket over us.

"I'll come get you guys when its lunch time," she said, getting Charlie and climbing back on Smile Dog's back as they walked out, Charlie closing the door.

I look down at Robin and sigh.

I want to change for her. I want to learn. She makes me feel like she's the one to help me, yet... Yet I feel hopeless. Like I'm cursed to be cruel.

"She's right... Nobody loves a mean man," I sighed.

She just let's out a deep breath in her sleep and curls closer to my chest unconsciously.

I coil my arms around her, then remember LJ's words.

".... Its an advantage for her..."

I grunt.

I won't let my Robin get hurt. Not on my watch.

~~~~~~~~~~

Picture: Jeff the Killer