Chapter 35 - Exception Made

[Eyeless Jack's POV]

Robin lunged and we dodged forward.

"Don't be shy, everyone, go ahead and play!!" Jason laughed as we kept dodging.

"Don't touch her! This is still Robin, we can't hurt her!" I said as she tried.

"Stop, please!!" Robin- or Ruby- said.

Jeff ducked but was sliced in the arm with my scapel, yelping and collapsing.

Ben then came over as Ruby lunged at Laughing Jack, who flipped backwards to avoid getting attacked.

"Is that-?!" Ben said as he ducked from an attack.

"Don't hurt her. She's still Robin, but Jason did something," I said.

He looked over at the threads, mumbled something, and then slowly his eyes glowed red as he held his hand up.

Next thing I know, blue electric static shot out of the thread, causing the Puppeteer and Ruby to scream and fall to the ground, the Puppeteer falling over the balcony to the ground below.

"How did you...?" I asked.

"I sensed metals in the thread. Its a strong puppet string, but a good electric conductor," he said.

The Puppeteer's head shot up and raised his hands, Ruby wailing in pain as she was lifted by her wrists, the threads digging into her wrists and arms, then tried to attack Ben, who ducked and backed away, shocking her a few times, which weakened her, but didn't stop her or Puppeteer.

"That's it!!" Laughing Jack sneered in anger.

He ran up and with his claws sliced the thread between Ruby and Puppeteer, making the Puppeteer scream as Ruby fell and then Jack grabbed her, lifting her into the air.

"Let's make this a little easier," Laughing Jack sneered. "I hate Creepy Rogue games."

"Jack, no!!" I shouted as his claws came out and his hand struck through Ruby's chest.

We watched in horror as he then yanked her from the thread, knocking the Puppeteer down.

"This just got a whole lot better," Jane smirked.

"NO!!!" Jeff screamed as he dropped Robin's body, mumbling something.

I was shocked as I heard the door open and then Ben drew out his sword and ran to the stairs leading to the balcony, Jeff rushing to Robin's body.

[Laughing Jack's POV]

"There... Exception made," I mumbled.

I look back to see as Puppeteer fought with Toby and Masky and decided to help out, and poofed from one side of the room to another.

I then saw the Bloody Painter about to attack Toby and lunged forward, tackling him.

I ripped his arm off before I ripped his stomach open and tore his insides and heard Ben shouting and then turned towards where Jeff held Robin.

"Jack, why did you kill her?" Toby asked.

I sighed. "Sometimes, you just have to make an exception... Especially when you have to put someone out of their misery."

~~~~~~

Picture: Ben Drowned & Laughing Jack