Chapter 25 - Why Her?

[Ticci Toby's POV]

I walked in carrying a plate of food to see Jeff holding a sleeping Robin protectively in his arms, her leg wrapped up and healed thanks to Slender and Masky.

"Hey," I said. Jeff looked up, his hold on Robin tightening a little before he relaxed.

"Hey," he said. That's when I noticed Robin was asleep.

"I just bought some food for you guys," I said.

"SlenderMan put her to sleep so she wouldn't have a panic attack, but thanks anyway," he said.

I nodded and set down the plate of cookies, fruit and cheese on the table nearby along with a bottle of water.

I kept thinking of how Liu knew our location, and about Robin's existence.

According to Robin, that Tyler guy was the only person left in her life. Her mother's dead, father's gone as well, no friends or other family, basically a Jane Doe to anyone if she were ever found dead.

"It just doesn't make any sense... Why Robin?" I asked myself outloud, Jeff hearing.

"If its that bitch, I will kill her and tear her limb from limb," he sneered.

"But the gold thread... She's not alone," I said. "And if I'm right... Its not just two."

He growled to himself quietly. "She's mine. I won't let them have her," I sneered. "They'll have to tear me limb from limb to get to her."

We then heard a soft murmur and Robin's green eyes opened a little.

"J-Jeff....?" she mumbled.

"I'm here. Just.... Just go to sleep, Robin," he said.

"Jeff... W-Who was he?" she mumbled nervously.

"Someone you don't have to worry about anymore," He said. "Just go back to sleep.

She sighed before she let sleep win over her.

"You know... I think you finally got it," I said, smiling.

"Hm?" I asked.

"That love thing... You got it," I said. "Aside from the fact that you hold her like she's your prized teddy bear that you don't even want the wall to touch, you learned how to."

He looked down at Robin and smiled a bit. "Yeah, I did...."

"What now?" I asked. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know Jeff's initial plan to kidnap someone, learn love, and then kill the victim.

But what he said next surprised me.

"I'm gonna protect her... And love her."

~~~~~~

Picture: Ticci Toby being a cutie. :3 ♡