Chapter 44 - Decoys & Signals

[Jane's POV]

The doors slammed open and in walked Ruby, covered in blood.

I smirked and sat up on the throne I had.

"I take it everything was dealt with?" I asked.

"Y-Yes.... M-Mistress," she forced out in a catatonic tone.

I smiled. "And Jeff?"

"S-Spared," she said.

"Hmmm... Might have to fix that stutter of her's. She sounds stupider than usual. But nonetheless, good job Jason," I said.

"Glad I am able to please you," Jason smiled. "But, that warning.... Are you sure we can just ignore it?"

"Oh please, Jeff was bluffing about it before our little pet here took care of it," I said, stroking Ruby's cheek, looking over at the mantle. "Besides... His eyes fit perfectly with the drapes, don't you think?"

They look back at the golden eyes of the head over the mantle of the fire place, two carved lines on his lips making him smile.

"The Puppeteer was alright, as was the Bloody Painter... But hey, less weight on my shoulders, the better," I smiled. "You and Ruby are just the right minions I need."

He smirked. "I am flattered."

I smiled, looking straight ahead.

"Now we just wait for Jeff," I smirked.

[Jeff's POV]

Seed Eater approaches just outside the mansion where the forest met the clearing to it, and Smile Dog ran up to us as he caught up.

EJ and I climbed down from his back, crouching down as Laughing Jack popped up with a cloud of black smoke.

"Jill confirmed it, she's with Jason and Jane," he said.

"Perfect. EJ, go around the perimeter, get rid of any guards, stay quiet," I ordered. "Tell Ben to remember the signal."

He nodded and climbed up on Seed Eater, taking off.

"Okay, once Ben gives the signal, we let Sally start the fire, and immediately move in," I said.

"You still worried she's playing decoy?" He asked.

I sighed. "I have to trust her, and I do. Its Jason, Jane, and a bunch of toys against 13 Creepys. We can take them," I said.

"I like the new Jeff," he smirked.

I smirked back. "Me, too. This Jeff's more bloodthirsty than before," I said.

All of a sudden we heard a whoosh and looked to see the green arrow jabbed right into the tree.

"That's the signal," I said, nodding at him as he popped up his jack in the box and spun the lever, letting Pop Goes the Weasel play eerily before taking off.

Let's hope this works.

~~~~~~~~

Picture: Jane & Jeff the Killer

Sorry for taking forever. Since there's only a few chapters left, I'll be focusing a bit more on this story until I'm finished with it.

New chapter coming soon!

♡~ sapphire.