Chapter 19 - I Can't

"Erase... Your memories?" he asked.

I nodded as I kept my gaze down. Sally and Smile looking shocked.

"Miss Robin, why are you asking me this?" I asked.

I gulped. "I just want to forget all of the pain... I want the nightmares to just stop. I just want to forget everything," I said, crying a little in the end.

It was quiet as I then felt his hands on my shoulders and look up.

"That is something I cannot do for you. While you have bad memories,  you also have good ones, and it's best you not forget those, which are too precious," he said.

"No, please, I'm begging you.  They torture me everyday, I can't even sleep. Please, Slenderman,  I'll do anything,  please!!" I sobbed, clinging to his coat.

He was quiet before his ghostly white hands remove mine from his coat.

"I'm sorry... But that is something I can't do," he said. "Especially when Jeff still needs you."

"No, please, I'm begging you, Sle-"

He disappeared right before me as I collapsed to the ground sobbing.

I felt a cold nose nudge my side before a big furry mass cuddles next to me whimpering and fuzzy little nubs lift my head and my eyes meet with and old teddy bear and gasp softly at it as I sat up a little.

"Robin, please don't cry," Sally said as she knelt to my level. "Slenderman knows what's best. Erasing your memories isn't the answer. "

I just cried as she hugged me and I couldn't help but hug her back.

"I just want to forget so many things..." I cried.

"You can't.  Memories are meant to be in your head. You can learn," Sally said.

She's very wise for her age.

"Come on. You need to eat something, or at least sleep," Sally said, tugging my hand.

"I'm sorry, Sally, but I'm very tired. I think I rather sleep now," I said.

"That's okay. You can take the spare from Toby's bed," she said, pulling a mates out from under one of the beds, and pulling a pillow from that bed.

I sighed and lied dow, feeling Charlie, her bear, tug a blanket over me as I immediately fell asleep.

~~~~

Picture: Slenderman & Sally